November 10, 2012

"Shake up the happiness...It's Christmastime!"

Well, not exactly, seeing as we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet. However, Thursday night was our first practice for the Christmas choir at church, which has become a tradition of mine for the past five Christmases now. It has been so cool to get to know more and more people, as well as just seeing it grow into the production that it has this year. Viviyan was right alongside me this time to join in the festivities again, which is so cool, because it gives us more time to hang out.

We both ended up getting to church at the same time, so we walked in together, as they were going over a few details and getting ready to hand out music. We grabbed our music, immediately glancing through the pages, seeing which songs we would be singing this time around and looking for other familiar faces, as we gathered in the worship center. Viv and I grabbed a seat up front, as others filed in and we mingled with some regular church members. Apparently, I've been missed, since I haven't been singing with the worship team much lately. I was saying I need to get back into it, because things have just been out of the normal, which is rare around our house. But, they thought that maybe it was a good time to take a break, if that's what I felt like I needed to do. I'll really be ready to get back into it after the holidays, as well! I have missed singing and being with everyone.

After a few minutes, we started. We ended up going over three songs, including: Shake Up Christmas, War Is Over, and The Messiah Came (which is an original that our pastor wrote). The more you do these songs each year, the more memories that come along with them. A couple that we went over, I just remember Viviyan and I laughing A LOT over them, which brought a smile to my face and made me remind her of it this year. The songs also get a little easier, because you've already practiced it a gazillion times before, so it clicks faster. As for War Is Over, I was having a bit of a struggle, because it's so low or it goes high. And you sing it the same the entire time, but I really do love the song! And my favorite moments are the ones where the guys are messing around and come up with the craziest things to say, and everyone is just laughing. That's what this is all about...Forming relationships to be stronger in our walks with God, and to tell others about Him, through this ministry.

We practiced about an hour and a half, which I thought was pretty good, considering how much we accomplished. Viviyan showed me her classroom, then we headed to Starbucks. In the car ride, heading towards my house, I filled her in on my graduation process and a few other little things that I'm going through right now, and I felt lifted up with possibility, rather than disappointed. I also told her about some of the changes I'd been trying to make as far as becoming more independent goes, and helping out around the house, and she was encouraging about it, as she listened. We grabbed Starbucks, and that made everything perfect. It was my first white chocolate mocha drink in one of their fancy Christmas cups, for the season. Phew! That was a long one!
We came back to my house for a few minutes, so I could show her my new room and give her her birthday present (which was in September...Yes, it has been THAT long since we've really seen each other).



I'm excited about this Christmas season, and everything coming up at church, as well as in my friend's lives and mine. It's going to be GOOD. Really good!

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment