|Banners around town!|
|Another rehearsal picture|
I was a little disappointed in some of the awards, but they made up for it with the EOTY. I know a lot of people aren't exactly thrilled with that, but I AM! :D I can understand not being a fan, but to say Taylor doesn't deserve it because of silly things like "she's not a singer" or she's this or she's that...seem like pretty lame arguments to me. She is one of the hardest working girls (or anyone for that matter) in the business. She designs her own sets, produces her album, writes all of her own songs, sells out every show (including stadiums of 50, 000), has her own perfume, has toured 19 countries, and gives input to every detail of the tour planning and whatever it is she's doing at that moment. So, to say she doesn't DESERVE it, seems a little much. Besides, I've written papers and speeches on how amazing she is, and have gotten A's on them, don't get me started on this ;). I would have been just as happy to see Brad or Keith win as well, because I feel like they've been putting in years of hard work, touring, writing, and album sales into that. I really like Jason, but I still feel like it's just too soon for him to win Entertainer, and Blake (though I'm not a fan), just doesn't make the cut either. They haven't headlined their own tour yet really, and that's a big deal.
Alright, well enough of that ranting...onto the show.
|Carrie's changes! My faves are # 2-3 on the bottom|
- Blake Shelton & Kenny Loggins- Footloose
- Single of the year-"If I Die Young" The Band Perry
- Keith Urban-"You Gonna Fly"
- Sara Evans- "Stronger"
- Miranda Lambert-"Baggage Claim"
- Song of the year-"If I Die Young" The Band Perry
- Zac Brown Band-"Georgia On My Mind"
- Rascal Flatts/Natasha Bedingfield-"Easy"
- Vocal Duo of the Year-Sugarland
- Best New Artist performances
- Taylor Swift-"Ours (acoustic"
- Luke Bryan-"Country Girl Shake It For Me!"
- Lady Antebellum-"We Owned The Night"
- Album of the Year-"My Kinda Party" Jason Aldean
- Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter-"You and Tequila"
- Lionel Richie with Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts, and Darius Rucker
- The Band Perry-"All Your Life"
- Vocal Group of the Year- Lady Antebellum
- Sugarland/Matt Nathanson-"Run"
- Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood-"Remind Me"
- New Artist of the Year-The Band Perry
- Scotty McCreery-"Walk in the Country" (I like Keith Urban's version better)
- Jason Aldean-"Tatoos on this Town"
- Male Vocalist of the Year-Blake Shelton
- Martina McBride-"I'm Gonna Love You Through It"
- Tribute to Glen Campbell with Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, and Keith Urban
- Faith Hill performed for the first time in 5 years on the awards!
- Female Vocalist of the Year-Miranda Lambert
- Entertainer of the Year: TAYLOR SWIFT!