December 22, 2012

Friday, Friday!

Yesterday was quite a day! I must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed, which really put a damper on things for a good portion of the day. I woke up at a more reasonable hour, got dressed and was ready to go! I was looking forward to getting out of the house, but somewhere along the lines, excitement got lost in the shuffle. 

My mom and I had lunch at Chic-Fil-A, which was tasty as always! Then, we went over to the Hallmark store just to look around, since it's usually all decorated for Christmas. They had a lot of really cute things, but we didn't buy anything. We had to run to Target to get a few more gifts, and came home.
That's when things got interesting. My mom and I tried to program our remote in the car to the garage door opener, which doesn't sound that hard, but for whatever reason, it's just not working. We were laughing pretty hard, because neither one of us apparently had the magic touch. I guess we'll just keep working on it. 

On the inside: THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! *with dialogue from the show talking*

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading my magazine (the one shown below), watching TV and wrapping a couple presents. It was a nice afternoon after exhausting myself. 


Later on, we watched Christmas in Washington, while eating dinner when my dad got home. We were laughing at Scotty McCreery's facial expressions; the kid is entertaining. We then decided to go to the mall to have Candy Cane blizzard's from Dairy Queen. It's the only Peppermint treat I haven't tried, so it was my last part of the challenge. Now that I've tried all of the desserts, I'm going to post my favorites in order. They're all really good, it just depends on what kind of peppermint or type of peppermint you're looking for. 
  • McDonald's Peppermint McFlurry
  • Jack In The Box Andes Mint Shake
  • Chic Fil A Peppermint shake
  • Dairy Queen Candy Cane Blizzard
  • Sonic Chocolate Peppermint shake


We walked around the mall for a little bit, but everything was starting to close, so it didn't last long. Sears was still open when we were getting to walk out, so we went in there and ended up spending awhile in there. They had a lot of things on sale, so we were checking out those deals. But, by the end of the night I was nowhere near cheerful, and it's sad when I can't even blame it on needing sugar, because I'd just had some ice cream. I was able to relax in the car, but honestly I think somewhere in my subconscious, I can't handle the holiday without my grandparents anymore. Things just aren't the same since they've been gone, and they never will be.
I spent the rest of the night working on my blog, watching The Office and finally around 4 a.m, I went to bed. Yeah, I don't know why I keep staying up that late...But, I'm almost done with the series, so then I can go back to a normal schedule. You're only young once, right? Gotta live it up while you can. And that includes watching a TV series until the wee hours of the morning.

Alright, well, that's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment