December 20, 2012

Beauty Products I Use


Alright, so I realize I'm no Oprah or Ellen when it comes to giving away some of my favorite things or telling what products I use. But, maybe there will come a day when people will be referring back to these very posts to find out what I was using when I was "just starting out" and it will be on my E! True Hollywood story or something like that. Okay, so it probably won't, but a girl can dream right?

Anyway, moving right along! Here are some of the products I like to use when it comes to necessities I use on a daily basis:


  • Eucerin intense therapy hand lotion// I have extremely sensitive skin, especially during the winter, so I have to use lotions without any perfumes or scents in them, and this works great. Helps make my skin smooth. 
  • Softsoap shea butter and almond shower gel// It smells really great and it's cheap. I'm not very particular when it comes to shower gels, just as long as it smells good. But, during the winter, sometimes I have to switch to something for sensitive skin once again with ingredients like oatmeal, etc. 
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat// Because I use a straightener and blowdryer basically everyday, I had to get something that would protect all of the heat to some degree. You spray it on while your hair is still wet and before you put any heat on your hair. It seems to work great! Helps make my hair not so frizzy and fried, which always lovely.
  • Organix Coconut milk split end mender// I really love this stuff! Again, you run it through your hair while still wet, making its way down to the tips of your hair, and it's supposed to help in making it healthier. I use to use it a lot more, but when I was and I'd get my hair cut, my hairdresser would comment on how my ends still looked really good considering the last time I got a hair cut. I highly recommend this.
  • Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash// I have really bad skin (acne), so it's extremely hard finding a face wash product that actually works. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on trying to find that perfect product that cures everything, including make up that is supposed to clear your face up in a week's time (BOLOGNE). I've been using this and it hasn't irritated my skin, which is always nice, but I think I may need to take a trip to a dermatologist soon! 
  • Cetaphil daily facial moisturizing lotion// I use the cheaper brand in this, but it does the exact same thing, so oh well. It's pretty basic for a moisturizer after washing my face, but it does what it needs to.
  • Organix Cherry blossom shampoo// I love the Organix line! I've used several different scents in their shampoo and haven't found one that I didn't like. The one I use the most is the coconut, which just smells really awesome! All of them give your hair a healthy glow and each works on whatever you might be looking for: dry hair, split ends, etc.
I wish I was fancier when it came to beauty products, but let's face it...Walking into a drugstore or cosmetic store like Ulta is pretty overwhelming when there are so many products to choose from depending on your "case." It's crazy, so I stick with the basics and that's alright.

Stay tuned for the make up post pretty soon,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment