February 15, 2012

Inspiration For The Day







A blog from Hannah Blaylock (of the group Eden's Edge)
I'm reading this great book called "Bird By Bird" about this woman who is a writer and I'm inspired by this quote so I wanted to share it with you - 

E.L. Doctorow once said that "writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way." You don't have to see where you're going. You don't have to see your destination or everything you pass along the way. You just have to see two or three feet ahead of you. That is right up there with the best advice about writing, or life, I have ever heard.

I definitely need to hear that every now and then. One day, step, hope, idea, song, performance, cup of coffee, laugh, cry, hug, silent moment, dinner with friends, call with my mom at a time. 

I bet some of you guys have felt this way too with your jobs, errands, responsibilities, and all the things that fill up our day as it dwindles before we even get settled into it existing.
It's somewhat relieving to me that all we need to handle is right now. And the rest will come when it's supposed to. 

The point is - I love you guys! And that IS right now. I am so filled with love this Valentine's Day for each and every one of you! It's so amazing that I have the opportunity to meet/talk/type/ect. with such wonderful beautiful souls like you guys :). Thank you for spending your time and effort sharing with us in the most beautiful experience God put on this earth - the musical experience. I am truly blessed to have you in my life! 

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! 

Alright, this text isn't necessarily inspiration...but it reminds me of how hilarious my friends are and the group conversations we have are seriously the best!!! :D




That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment