February 18, 2012

Fate and God

Have you ever met someone, never really having talked to them, but seeing them and instantly knowing in your heart instantly that somehow they will play a big part in your life? Not love at first sight or anything cheesy like that...but something much deeper than that. Maybe this is crazy and maybe I'm living in some dream world where this doesn't exist, but I truly believe that there is ONE person in this world for everyone. I believe that God has designed one special person for each of us, and that no matter what obstacles we may face in trying to find them, as long as we stay on the path He has designed for us, we'll find that person.

A few weeks ago, I was reading a devotion from Joel Osteen and he talked about how our lives are like a GPS system. Sometimes we take a wrong turn, but the GPS always finds a new route to get us to our destination. The same goes for God; when we miss an opportunity or get off at the wrong exit, He's there recalculating something else to get us to the same ending. I feel like it goes for finding the person we're supposed to be with, because it's part of what He has planned for us. I think if something is supposed to happen, it will. Yes, that means you still need to do your part, but there's no need to worry because God will help you arrive right on time.

Maybe I've experienced this, maybe I haven't, but ...."Just a shot in the dark that you just might be the one I've been waiting for my whole life..." I'll keep praying about you and hope that maybe you're part of the love story God has planned for me.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment