The haunting feeling that I'm never going to achieve the goals and dreams that I have, has followed me over into the new year, which should be a time of planning new ideas and feeling inspired by the opportunities to come. I've felt more depressed than ever just thinking about it and dwelling on it. It's like the enemy is really just trying to talk me out of being someone great and fulfilling the plans that God has for me. To tell you the truth, he almost won...NOT this year, he's not! Because I realized...I need to stop thinking and just do it. It's better to jump into things without really weighing your options of how something better could come along or where things could go wrong in the future. There is never perfect timing and there's always something that could go wrong. That's life! You have to learn to roll with the punches, because the outcome is usually greater than you ever could have imagined.
Some changes I'm hoping to make happen this year:
- I have decided that I'm pretty sure I'm going to try out for the youth worship band at church. I'm kinda scared, because it's a little more hands on than I've ever done before, but that's pretty exhilarating. Really, this is an opportunity I've been waiting for...and I was almost just too scared, feeling out of my element to take it.
- I'm getting back into exercising! Bike riding is one of my favorite things to do, but timing has been weird and I've been lazy...So, it's time to change that.
- I've been spending too much time online. I need to cut back and fill my time with more productivity, even if it's still on the computer; crafts, reading, etc.
- Staying up way too late and sleeping in way too long, ignoring my alarm clock because I'm just too tired.
- Going to start eating healthier instead of eating junk food all the time. With the holidays over, this should be a little bit easier to maintain.
- Getting back involved with the Young Adults group at church and spending time with God in the mornings. My spiritual health hasn't been in great shape the last month or so...I need to make some big changes with that.
- Possibly getting a job. I'm looking into one specifically right now, but we'll see how things go after Sunday.