December 30, 2012

Top 10 Moments of 2012 (Part One)

I made a small scrapbook of some of my favorite moments from the year, so I thought I would share them on here. I'll break it down into two sections, so let's get started shall we?

#10) This isn't necessarily a "moment"; it's several moments. I loved being able to meet so many new people this year and in so many unexpected ways. Some were through classes at school that I ended up carpooling with and others were through fan bases on Twitter. It really doesn't matter how we met, just that we did. They have been such a huge blessing to my life, and I realize that God has a plan for everyone that comes into your life no matter how small or significant they turn out to be. You should always enjoy the time that you get to spend with them no matter how long it may be. I was able to learn something from each person and had some really great times, even if we don't always talk.

#9) Being able to meet Carrie Underwood again was really fantastic! It was good just being able to say hi before the show and get another picture with her! And when she came out on stage wearing the t-shirt I'd asked her if she would wear, I was FREAKING OUT! My parents and I looked at each other like we just couldn't believe it...And she sang "Thank God For Hometowns" in it, which was just too perfect for words. 

#8) Getting my permit! I've been talking about making that next step of getting my permit/license for as long as I can remember, so this year, I got just a little bit closer to that goal. I was really impressed that I passed the first time too! WOO HOO! I thought it would also get people off my back a little for pressuring me...GIVE ME TIME....

#7) An Evening with One Tree Hill. My cousin and I spent the day in LA; had lunch at Paty's, hung out by the theater, and ended up running into JOE JONAS! I was totally starstruck and shaking. I sounded a little panicked when I called my mom haha...I had no idea I would be that excited. Then, we went inside the Arclight for a Q&A, season 9 premiere with the cast...and it was just a really magical day.

#6) American Idol season 11 finale! I don't think I ever "geek out" or "fan girl" more than when it is something involving American Idol, and this was no different. I was SO SO excited, because it was definitely one of my favorite seasons. I grew to love all of the contestants and had some pretty great memories with/of each of them. It was an all day thing and it couldn't have been more amazing. There was press set up during the day where past Idols would show up to do interviews and meet up with the fans, and current idols were wandering around as well. Plus, we ended up running into Scotty McCreery while killing time by the ESPN Zone. I am so so so thankful and appreciate every second that we were there. I met some past contestants, but was most excited about a lot of the top 12, including COLTON DIXON and his sister and (then) boyfriend, Noah Munck. I also enjoyed hearing "Home" by Phil Phillips live for the first time ever with the marching band and all. After hearing that, I knew he was going to be the winner. It was just all him! I definitely do not take that for granted at all.

That's all for now. Top five moments coming tomorrow :)

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment