January 2, 2012

This Year Is Going To Be An Adventure

I was looking through some old journals from the summer, where I had written down one of my favorite scenes from Gilmore Girls. It was what had inspired me to start faithfully blogging again, because I wanted to capture my moments, and share them with everyone, and somehow possibly inspire someone out there.

Anyway, Rory and Lorelai are going on a road trip. Rory wants to have every moment planned out, and Lorelai just wants to see where they end up.

Rory: We have to figure out where we're going!
Lorelai: No, we don't! The point of this is to be spontaneous, to drive some place we've never been and never expected to be.
Rory: Sounds risky!
Lorelai: Sounds exciting.
Rory: Serendipity has never been kind to us.
Lorelai: We're being guided by fate.

That's exactly how I feel this year is going to be. I have no plans for this year, and for the first time, I feel okay with it. But, instead of being guided by "fate", I'm being guided by God and the fact of knowing that He has a plan for my life. That comforts me.

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment