January 2, 2012

"California dreamin on such a winter's day..."

I never realized I lived in the great state of California until a couple years ago. No, I don't mean I need a geography lesson. I guess I just never realized how many other people dream of coming out to California, because I've always been here. Then, when we started going to Nashville several years ago, and we'd tell people we were from California, they couldn't believe it; they'd say it was their dream to come out here someday. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I took it for granted before, and never stopped to think about how great the state really is, and there are still so many places I don't think I've seen yet. The US as a whole is a really amazing place, and there are so many wonderful states I'd love to visit still.

Today was one of those days I was grateful to be in California. It was absolutely gorgeous! It was in the 70s and it's January! I couldn't believe it. My parents and I had gone out to lunch and ran to Target, then Dad and I went on a bike ride as soon as we got home. I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt; it felt great. It was warm and wonderful. I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.



Tonight, I'm off to Bible study with the girls and just hanging out.  :) This year is off to a fabulous start!

With love,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment