November 22, 2012

The Weekend Review

It was another great weekend! Not too much happened, which was nice, but Saturday was mainly getting things together for Thanksgiving, which is coming up extremely soon. I had lunch with my parents, then ran some errands with them; shopping for dinner on Thursday, and getting some other items. I spent the rest of the night watching The Vampire Diaries, then getting dinner with my parents.

Sunday morning, we got up for church as always, and it was a fantastic message, as we finished out the faith series. After, we went to lunch with some family friends, which was hilarious. Our waiter was interesting and was a bit...awkward, so it made things slightly weird in spots. It was great getting to see our friends again and catch one another up on our lives, because we don't see each other very often anymore. The rest of the afternoon was pretty relaxed. I did some homework, while getting distracted by the AMA's red carpet online. I figured, what's really going to help me more in the long run... Theater or studying the art of reporting on the red carpet? You can imagine which one I chose.

That night, I had dinner with my parents at Arby's, then we came home to watch the AMA's. Only to find out that our DVR hadn't recorded the first hour, I think it was. I missed Taylor winning and her performance, and had to watch them later, but the rest of the awards were alright. I'm glad we recorded the second half in order to fast forward through the annoying performances and crap we didn't care about watching. I always love watching the award shows with my mom; I should record our commentary sometime. I think we are quite entertaining.

It was a really nice, calm weekend. It's good to have those! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment