November 18, 2012

Places I'd Still Like To Visit In LA

If you know anything about me, you know much I love the City of Angels. I don't always like what it represents when it comes to the industry, but it's a gorgeous city, and there is so much to see. I'm down there all the time, but it seems that we tend to go to the same places whenever we visit, and the older I get....I want to explore! I thought I'd make a list of some of the things I'd still like to give a try in the very near future:



  1. Pinz Bowling Alley- I've been inside several times while eating at Jerry's Deli, but I've never actually bowled there, so that has always been on my list of things to do. It also wouldn't hurt to run into Nick Jonas who used to be there quite frequently. 
  2. Huntington Library- I've never been near the Huntington Library, but I've seen pictures of it and I've heard it's gorgeous. Not only is it a library, it's a botanical garden area with beautiful scenery! It's not exactly something you would picture in LA, but sounds like a nice escape.
  3. The Getty Museum-My parents and I have been talking about going to the Getty for years, but we've just never made it out there. It would be an incredible view of the city, though.
  4. LACMA- The LA Museum of art has been featured in several films, and has a lot of cool interactive exhibits, and just looks like a neat place to lose track of time. I also wouldn't mind running into Shay Mitchell (Pretty Little Liars) who seems to be there quite frequently.
  5. Hollywood Bowl- I can't tell you how many times we've been by this establishment on our various trips down to the Hollywood area, but yet we've still never been inside for a show. Mainly because it's SO expensive for concerts or any other shows that take place, but WOW! I can imagine the sound out there, as well as the atmosphere. Perfect for a summer night, that's for sure!
  6. Urth Cafe-I've always wanted to try this cafe, because it just seems like one of those chic little places to check out when you're in that neck of the woods.
  7. Lemonade- Another restaurant I've wanted to try for the same reason and that they have healthier items on the menu. 
  8. Farmer's Market- I've been to the Farmer's Market at The Grove, but it's very different from the street style ones that set up all over town on Sunday's. I've heard about one close to Hollywood Blvd, and I've heard they have a lot of great fruits and veggies to choose from, as well as things like caramel apples and the like. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday than just browsing around. 
I'm sure there are plenty of other places I could think of, but these are the main focus at the moment. If you have any suggestions or have a list similar to this one, let me know on Twitter or in the comments! I'd love to hear from you :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment