Let me just start off first by saying...I LOVE AWARD SHOWS! And it is because of my fascination with celebrities, music, TV, red carpets, and award shows that has always driven me to a career in journalism. I'm glad that every time I watch an award show, I'm reminded of that, because right now, that's about all that I'm certain of when it comes to what I want to do with my life. I have a passion for telling stories and letting others shine, as well as their creativity. This is the perfect field for that, and watching the red carpets always brings a smile to my face that that WILL be me someday. Although, I hate it when reporters don't know their facts or interrupt a star to tell their own lame story that no one else cares about. That's not your job!
Here are some of my favorite red carpet looks. As you can see, I'm a bit biased when it comes to the genre of best dressed. I didn't even plan this...
(Pictures from SF Chronicle)
Moving right along. The first hour or so of the award show didn't record, so I missed Taylor Swift's performance and win, but was able to watch them back after (of course it was NOT the same...But what can you do?). The AMA's are always the most interesting, because it seems like they really do just let anyone in, crazy performances and all. Here are a few thoughts I jotted down while watching:
- I can't stand Nicki Minaj, but I love her cotton candy hair and matching mic. Also, why does it sound like she's making up her own words that are not known to the English language?
- I don't quite understand what the heck Pink was doing with her cirque de soleil act, but it was pretty funny when fast forwarding.
- Gotye should have won best new artist.
- YAY!!!!! LADY A! I just love them. Charles has really skinny legs. I also really love his scarf.
- I really question the girls that think Bieber is "sexy" when he looks like a 12 year old boy...Especially when they are quite a bit older than he is.
- Carrie is gorgeous. She kills the vocals on everything she sings. Every time. End of story.
- YAYYYY! So proud of Carrie winning country album...And the fact that every album she has released has won is mind boggling.
- Aw! Dick Clark....What a guy, what a legend. New Year's Eve seriously won't be the same.
- (afterthought with Taylor, since I didn't see it on the show) WOO HOO TAYLOR for Country artist. The performance was really...different. I loved the setting and the dress, but there were too many dancers all around her. I hope that isn't how it's going to be on tour. I really love that she steps up her game and challenges what she did before, though.
That's all for now,
What were your thoughts on the show? Best dressed? Favorite performance? Let me know :)