May 26, 2012

Birthday Lunch Tradition


A couple years ago, my best friend, Laurie and I started a tradition with our moms where we go to lunch together and just get a chance to hang out for awhile. This time was a bit different than most. We weren't exactly sure what time it was going to work out, because their family had a bunch of running around to do, so we went to Target and killed time. I could spend hours in Target, so it wasn't a problem really. It's a good thing I didn't have money, because I would've been buying so much with all of the Summer stuff being in.
Saw this and thought of Hollie (American Idol)


Anyway, we decided on Jake's Tex Mex! It's a lot of Texas southern type food and is so good. It's a town specialty, so just about everyone who works in the area was there and the line was out the door. We drove around several times in the parking lot looking for a spot but didn't see anything! We ended up parking on a residential street around the corner LOL.  Laurie, her mom and sister had already ordered and paid by the time we got there, so we were a few minutes late of catching up with them. I had the Taco salad, which was delicious, but I was so full by the time I was half way done. It was so much fun being able to be with them! Laurie just got back home from Michigan and already leaves again for Europe to study abroad on Sunday. I didn't realize just how soon it was! They filled us in on all the craziness of their lives with random things coming up in their family, traveling and all that jazz. We told them about our upcoming trips and that was pretty much it, because it doesn't feel like much has changed with us. We said goodbye and told each other that we would Skype while she's away in Europe!

Later that night, I went to practice/a meeting for the worship team at church. It felt weird being back, because I haven't gone in so long. Its either been laziness on my part or its been canceled the times I've been scheduled to sing. It was good seeing everyone again! A few people commented on the week I'd been having with the Idol finale and my friend, Jane, even asked if I had gotten Colton's number. I laughed and said "I wish, but no!" We talked about the direction we want to take the team in and celebrate some of the other things that have already been going on. With having two church campuses, it has definitely changed things a bit...but, it means that God is really blessing our church in so many ways. After the meeting, everyone who is scheduled to sing Sunday stuck around to run through the songs. It was getting frustrating, because I wasn't hearing the parts at all, most of the time. Either its been awhile for practice or I just can't hear even what little bit I could pick up on before. We kept running the choruses to make sure they'd click, but I felt like I was all over the place and singing random harmonies. I really hope it's different Sunday morning and will sound better with the band. It's good to be back into it, though. It was fun! I know they'll help me get it down and if I can't, they're always encouraging in that department as well. They're really supportive and I appreciate it in moments like that. Should be interesting to see how it all comes together!

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment