April 6, 2012

This Week In Review

Monday: 
I cleaned my room, which actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. But, I also didn't get rid of much as I thought I would either...Oh well. 




My new journal!


Tuesday:








Such a great practice!


Wednesday:
This day was basically dedicated to One Tree Hill's series finale, other than our Young Adults service that I was involved with at church.











Such a fun night, hanging out with friends and singing on the worship team! I actually started one of the songs! I messed up on the timing, but no one else could tell except for us, so it was all good. I was just glad I took another step out of my comfort zone! I've sang in front of my high school and elementary school growing up, but this is a totally different setting. It feels so great that God is using my friends and I in such big ways, and I'm so glad that I get to share in this experience with them.
The service was great! Our Pastor spoke on how God is our source of life. When we aren't connected to Him, basically we are dead inside...and it is so true! I went through a really dark season like this where I was going to church, but not necessarily spending time with God. Over the past 5-6 months or so, I have been and it has seriously changed so much! I have so far to go still, but when I look back on where I was and how much more joy I have now, I never want to go back. :)
After service, I went straight home to watch American Idol, then the series finale of One Tree Hill! And that wasn't complete without a little Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream!

Thursday:
Yesterday, my mom and I got our nails done at the salon! I had only had acrylics done once before for my 8th grade graduation, but it was nothing like this. I didn't realize they massage your hands and arms with lotion and a hot stone. It felt so good! I thought it was worth it just for that! LOL. I got shellack on my nails this time, which is basically like a fancy coating for your own nails and you can pick out any color. The color I picked was a little too light, but I still think it'll look nice for Easter! Plus, they feel healthier now :)


I hadn't planned on doing anything yesterday afternoon, when my friend, Viviyan called and asked if I wanted to go walking around my neighborhood. I was all for it! So, she came over and off we went. It was a gorgeous Spring day; the sun was shining, there was a slight breeze, and it wasn't too hot or too cold. It gave us a chance to really talk, because we haven't been able to talk in depth lately when we've seen each other. It was really nice!


We stopped at The Tea Bar to get something to drink, and were just in time for Easter choir practice.

The church was pretty chaotic! Just about everyone and their brother was there setting up everything for this weekend, holding department meetings to train everyone, and the band/choir was practicing for worship! It's so exciting, though, thinking about all the new people that will be there Sunday morning and possibly accepting Christ into their heart's. It makes all of the hard work worth it!

Set list!

I got fro yo with my parents last night, we watched Idol, and then I decided to listen to One Tree Hill podcasts to fall asleep. It's so cool hearing the writers/producers talk about the process of making an episode and just their ideas and ramblings in general. I think some of the most brilliant people are people who work in TV, because they have a vision. What they've seen in their minds has turned into this really incredible fictional world.

Friday:
My mom and I went to lunch and ran our usual errands, and the rest of today has been just hanging out at home. And me really freaking myself out, but that's a whole other story. Anyway, happy easter weekend/Good Friday! Bunnies, candy and Easter baskets are great...but in the midst of all the family and fun, don't forget about Jesus and what He did for us on the cross that day! He is the reason we celebrate this season too :)


Just wishing I knew how to play it still.....
That's all for now,
~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment