March 6, 2012

Renew My Heart

"Sometimes happiness comes from being around good friends and family. And the quiet nobility of leading a good life."

The past couple days have been so wonderful! It will be something that always holds a special place in my heart. So much in fact, that I'm learning that not everything is meant to be shared. Sometimes there are moments that are only meant to be shared with the people we experienced it with. That's how I feel about this.  I want to share a few pictures, but I don't want to go into detail about everything that happened like I usually do.












I think I found my "Luke's Diner"! 


"Breathe life into these bones
Lord I give you all control
I worship you
You are my King
Renew my mind
Renew my heart
Renew my soul, oh God, I need a brand new start
Forgive my sins
Cleanse me within
Holy Spirit come today
Renew my heart."
<3

As I sat on a rock this morning, taking in God's beauty I heard a couple things that I needed to. I wrote a few notes down and hope they inspire you as well.
  • Always be bold and stand up for what is right. Tell others about Christ and why you live the way you do. I've always been the shy/quiet one, but not anymore. Now when someone asks why I believe what I do, I want to be able to courageously tell them. I want to be able to say it through words, whether it's something I write on my blog, in a story, or whether it's something I sing. I want it to say something about the way I live and what God has done for me.
  • Don't be in such a rush or in such a hurry to get nowhere. Take your time and see what I do along the way! Have faith in me. Be still and know that I am God.
  • Be in the moment; aware of what God is doing. Be content with where you are and believe that God will guide you to each event and point in your life when the time is right. 
  • Wake up to whatever it is that is right in front of me...the life I'm meant to be living and awake from what it is that is holding me back. We weren't meant to live comfortable lives, we were meant to live BIG lives for God.
  • 2 Timothy 4:7
  • I Peter 3:15 (a verse Chris gave me at Bible Study on Friday)
  • Fear can stop us in our tracks and Satan uses that against. It is one of the most crippling things from letting us live the lives we were meant to.
That's all for now,
Shelby 
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment