February 6, 2012

It's Almost That Time Again...

Valentine's Day. The day where couples try to act more lovey dovey than usual, and the single become more aware of the fact that they are indeed single. People spend more money than they have to, only to impress people they probably haven't been seeing all that long, and usually with some overpriced candy, flowers or stuffed bear. And ya know what? I love it. I think it's supposed to be an over-the top, tongue in cheek kind of holiday. I don't think we should focus more on love that day than any other day, but I think you can make it a really sweet idea. There are so many sweet little gestures

I used to want to be bitter about it, because I thought that automatically that was the way single people were supposed to act towards it. Now, I choose to think it as sweet no matter what your status is. Whether it's with friends, family, or a significant other you're spending the day...Love is the main thing to focus on. For me personally, I don't care about grand gestures. Sure, they're nice...But I like more sentimental things like a scrapbook, letters, pictures, etc. I'd like just a simple night at home watching movies or talking all night. One of these days, I'll get my special Valentine...but until then, I'm enjoying it with my girls! That's the best company anyway, right?

<3

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment