We've all heard the expression, "There's more to_____ than meets the eye!" And I think that saying is true to all of us. I think there are many sides to everyone; some people bring out the worst in us, while others bring out the best. Some people bring out the artsy/fun side of us, while others bring out the more serious/toned down version of us. I think sometimes we catch people at an off moment and judge them based on that for the rest of their lives. But, the thing is ...we're all human. You can be the nicest person, but still lose your temper every now and then. There's more to a person than just what you see of them in the first five minutes of meeting. Give them a chance before you start labeling them as this or that.
I used to be extremely shy. I didn't really speak unless spoken to, and even then, I was extremely nervous and fumbled for just the right words to say. I used to get incredibly nervous when just talking to people at church, or presentations. I've come a long way since then, because God has helped me find the courage that was always inside of me, it just took me a little while to recognize it in myself. I'm a lot more open than I used to be, so there aren't many things that people don't know about me anymore really.
- If you really knew me...You'd know I have been hurt verbally in the past, by people that were close to me. Those words stuck with me for many years, but finally I let them go. I forgave those people, and I've moved on. I am not bound by the words or things that they said about me anymore.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that I'm really hard on myself when I make mistakes. I will over analyze something I've done until I'm blue in the face. I used to feel that need to be perfect, even though I knew it was unachievable.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that I love my family and friends more than anything (well, not God, but you know what I mean). I don't always show them how much I care, but words will never be able to express what they've done for me and how they've changed my life.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that one of the hardest times in my life was losing my grandma. I was really close with her, and when she passed away it hit me like a TON of bricks. At the time, Danny Gokey was on American Idol and he had just lost his wife not too long before that. He'll probably never know it, but he helped me SO much during that time; he reminded me to have hope and trust in God, because even through all of that pain he was suffering through, he had so much joy.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that my heart and soul are a lot more sensitive than I let on. I try to act tough or get an attitude to show that it doesn't bother me, but most of the time it does.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that the people I look up to most in the business are: Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Danny Gokey, Keith Urban, Nick Jonas, and Bethany Galeotti. They're people that really seem to care about people, making a difference, and are in the business because they enjoy what they do; not because it pays well or they get the recognition, but because they have a story to tell and want to make a difference.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that I wish I lived in a small town, much like Stars Hollow on Gilmore Girls. That would be ideal for me!
- If you really knew me...You'd know that I used to be pretty self conscious, and care a lot more about what others thought about me. Now, those opinions just really don't matter to me.
- If you really knew me...You'd know that I'd never thought of getting married before a couple years ago. I wanted to be single all of my life. However, now, the idea of getting married makes me feel really excited...of course, way in the future, not right now.
Alright, so I know it wasn't the most exciting thing, but I had seen it done on another blog and thought I'd try it. But, again there's not really much about me that others don't know. I share a lot on here; I don't have anything to hide....soooo. I think I'm gonna try to find more fun surveys, just to switch things up a little bit :)
That's all for now,