December 31, 2011

One of My Favorite New Year Memories

Back in 2008, I went to a friends house for New Year's Eve where we ate, talked, and had a dancing party with glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces. I most vividly remember dancing to Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold", because that was pretty much the major hit at the time. It was a blast!








New Years Day, my family and I (my parents and grandma) drove to Las Vegas to meet up with our family in Utah. I have never laughed so hard in my life, driving up and down the strip. WOW! That i is definitely something I will never forget. Especially because that would be the last trip my grandma would ever take with us. In January of the following year, she was diagnosed with Cancer, which was really hard on all of us. Looking back at this trip was more than just getting out of town for me. It reminded me that you never know what life is going to throw at you, so be prepared. And in the meantime, let your loved ones know how much you care about them. It will be one of the best trips I've ever taken for the rest of my life. 






Have a wonderful New Year's Eve, and tell those around you that you love them :)

With love,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment