December 30, 2011

2011: A Year In Review w/my best friend Laurie

What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? With my various travels this year I got to add a few states to my list. I visited Idaho, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Alabama for the first time, to name a few. 

What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? I'd like to have a greater love and trust in God. I hope to love people more than I have in the past. 

What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think making new friends and finding a church at school were two important accomplishments. On a lighter note, I think driving to California from Michigan in two days was pretty impressive. 

Biggest failure? Unfortunately, I lost a lot of faith in people which resulted in a deep feeling of loneliness throughout a lot of the year. I feel like I lost time because I was disappointed and didn't love others like I could/should have. 

Best thing someone bought you? Though not very exciting, my parents helping me pay for my undergraduate degree at school is the best gift. I think that's the best because I have grown so much as a person since I've been there, and I'm learning so much.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? I got really excited for the multiple shows, concerts, and games I went to. I got to see Anberlin and The Civil Wars in concert (two of my favorite bands), I saw Brian Regan live, and I got to go to a Boise St. football game--Go Broncos!

What songs will always remind you of 2011? Any song by the Civil Wars, Mumford and Sons, the Avett Brothers. They are all amazing, and I have a lot of memories rocking out with friends with these songs. 

What do you wish you had done more? Less? I wish I relaxed and trusted God more with a lot of the drama I dealt with and worried less. 

How do you plan to spend New years eve? I haven't figured that out yet! I'll either be hanging out with my family or some friends.

Favorite tv program? I don't watch too much tv, but I like watching Say Yes to the Dress or Glee. 

Greatest musical discovery? This year's would probably be the Avett Brothers.

What did you want and get? I began this school year wanting to expand my friend group at school. I was able to meet so many amazing friends that I didn't know before. 

What did you want and not get? I can't really think of anything. I guess a higher GPA? haha

What did you do on your birthday? I bummed around and ran errands with my mom! 

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 
2011? In college I just wear what's comfortable. I have, however, tried to dress up more at school so I wore a lot of cardigans and blouses and more dresses. My concept would have to be... be comfortable and classy.

What kept you sane? God, amazing friends at school and back home, and lots of naps. 

What was the best thing you ate? Anything homemade by my mother is the best. I love coming home from school for that reason!

Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011? People are going to disappoint--Trust God and love others. Also, I learned some friends aren't meant to stay in your life a long time, so enjoy the time they are and rely more on the friends you know will stick with you. 

Quote a song lyrics that sums up your year. 
" So far away from where you are 
I'm standing underneath the stars 
And I wish you were here" --Lifehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment