December 30, 2011

2011: A Year In Review

I got on Chelsea Kane's blog today, and saw that she had posted a survey about New Year's, so I thought I would try it. Here it is!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Joined the worship team at church, put myself out there more to meet new people, started going to Bible study, and I started working past a lot of garbage in my life.

2. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
My license! I keep saying I'm going to get it, and then I just never do.

3. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing speech with an A, and finally feeling comfortable with public speaking. I never would've imagined that.

4. Biggest failure?
Probably getting mad over stupid things, or arguing with my parents over something that didn't matter anyway.

5. Best thing someone bought you?
Anything that my friends would pick up for me on trips, and my MAC desktop that my parents got me for Christmas!!!!!

6. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to the American Idol finale, finally seeing the Jonas Brothers in concert, the Taylor Swift Speak Now tour, and meeting Ashley Tisdale and Corbin Bleu from High School Musical (that was a Jr Hi dream come true).

7.What songs will always remind you of 2011?
I Love You This Big, Firework, Skyscraper, and Baby...I'm sure there are more though.

8. What do you wish you had done more?
I wish I had been more diligent with practicing the guitar.

9. What do you wish you had done less?
I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time on Facebook and Twitter I guess, and would have just lived in the moment a little more.

10. How do you plan to spend New Year's Eve?
I still don't have any definite plans at the moment, but it will either be spent with friends or family, and that's all I need to know :)

11. Favorite TV program?
That easily became One Tree Hill. I also really like The New Girl.

12. Greatest musical discovery?
Everly and Eden's Edge.

13. What did you want and get?
I wanted to go to the Idol Finale and a Mac...I got both of those wishes. I also wanted to meet new people/make new friends, and I definitely got that :)

14.What did you want and not get?
A boyfriend....Hahahah. I did not get that, but that's more than alright.

15. What did you do on your birthday?
Turning 19 was such a weird age; it's your last year to be a teen, so it was exciting in that aspect. However, it's not really one of those birthdays that you do anything for. I pretty much just hung out with my mom that day and went to dinner at Outback with my parents that night.

16. What would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I'm not really sure that I have a specific "style", as much as I wish I did. I guess I'd call it "College Girl Chic". I also really like to find celebrity outfits and put my own spin on them!

17. What kept you sane?
God; I did a lot more talking to God this year. And also my best friends! They'd listen to my rants and frustrations, and I love them so much for that.

18. What was the best thing you ate?
I've had a lot of good food this year, so it's hard to narrow it down. I'd have to say Biscoff peanut butter takes the cake, though. It's delicious!


19. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
I've learned that you can't please everyone, and not everyone is going to like you. You just have to be yourself, and the ones that matter most to you will always be by your side. I also learned that you can't always rely on people, but God will be there for you no matter what. I was able to forgive and to accept who I am now and to be comfortable in my own skin. Also, be careful of who you give your heart too, because you never know what they'll do with it.  (Not just my experiences with that, but others I've seen around me as well).

20. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
There's always a song that fits a different mood, so I could think of plenty, but these are the two that come to mind at the moment.
"I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately..." -Gavin DeGraw (Not just because of getting into One Tree Hill either. It's always been a favorite song of mine).
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller, doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone."
-Kelly Clarkson-


No comments:

Post a Comment