November 20, 2011

Prayers for the Holiday Season

I was reading Good Housekeeping, because my mom bought it the other day and I find magazines like that really interesting; they have good tips. Anyway, there are a lot of articles on the holidays, and I came across one called, "10 Prayers To Carry You Through The Holidays." I found a few that I thought were really beautiful.

"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is 'thank you', it will be enough."

"God help us to live slowly, to move simply, to look softly, to allow emptiness to let the heart create for us."

"I still think that the prayer without words is the best!" ~C.S Lewis~

"If you put your whole trust in God, as you ought, He most certainly will give you sustenance, as He doth the birds; they come out hungry in the morning but return full to their nests."

Here are a few more that were too long to type out ;). 




It's so easy to get caught up in the craziness and business of making sure everything is perfect, that we forget why we celebrate in the first place. These are great little reminders to look for God and seek Him in the midst of everything else. Don't let the shopping, food, or stress take that away from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment