I thought that in honor of Paley Fest coming up, I would list my favorite Parks and Rec episode recaps and a few favorite moments each day to get in the mood. Like I need any help! HA!
Although, I don't think I can do it in any particular order. It was hard enough to narrow it down to ten.
Without further ado, here we go…
Freddy Spaghetti (2x24)
I feel like "Freddy Spaghetti" really embodies the heart of the show as a whole. Leslie Knope is the glue of Pawnee. People pull together because of her hard work, determination and love for the city. It also made me see that Ben is not a bad guy..He was always just doing his job, like he's always done. Until Leslie opens his eyes and helps him to see that it has more to do with caring about people than just getting a task done.
"The government is shut down and the parks are closed, but Leslie tries to skirt the rules to hold a children's concert in the vacant lot. Meanwhile, will April's jealousy of Ann keep her from getting with Andy?"
- Government shutdown. this makes Ron very happy, which is amusing for all of us.
- "12% interest, it's like one of the highest you can get," says Andy after he buys a motorcycle.. Oh, dear, sweet Andy. He's so uncoordinated! HAHA!
- Parks are closed until further notice. "It's not a competition, but if it were, I'd win, but that's neither here nor there." ~Leslie
- Ron wishes it was forever.
- "School is out in two weeks, what am I supposed to do with my kids all day? Keep them in my house? Where I live?" BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
- Freddy Spaghetti is going to be canceled, but Leslie Knope is not about to give up just yet.
- It's funny that I originally didn't like these new guys.
- "Leslie Knope-What a surprise!" -Chris
- Ben was toats not a fan of hers. 14 meetings, can you guess who?
- Poor Ben always had to be the bad guy!
- "My goal is to run to the moon!" Way to go, Chris.
- "Pawnee is not special." way to kill dreams, ben
- "You're non-essential." OUCH! Obviously, you are new. Leslie is extremely essential
- I love how persistent Chris is with Ann
- I'm kind of glad Mark left, he started getting annoying.
- Ann and Leslie's friendship is the cutest thing!
- "April's here, move Jerry!" haha..No one likes Jerry
- "Slash it, slash it."
- Ron's gun shot ringtone…How appropriate for him.
- It's weird that Leslie's eating pancakes. I mean, waffles are her thing.
- "He is notoriously funky!" Donna on Freddy Spaghetti
- Aw! Poor Andy wants to talk to April, but she's ignoring him
- Tom's crush on Ann is cute! "A girl like you can have any guy she wants."
- Cutting Leslie? Don't even think about it.
- Andy- "Reverse psychiatry"--trying to get her in a "romantical" sort of way."Perhaps we shall go out this evening?"
- April says no, that she thinks he still has feelings for Ann
- There's no one like Leslie Knope, they just don't get it. Oops! Ron spilled the beans about Freddy!
- The relationship between Ben and Leslie is amazing, even when they don't like each other, they try to understand each other.
- Andy's too excited about his songs and gets hit by a car…Ouch…HHAHAHAHAHAHAH
- Rat Mouse "The show must go wrong-everything will go wrong and you just have to deal with it."
- Leslie "Rinada Ricotta" is her new stage name and she doesn't want to have to disappoint children everywhere.
- But, wait..Freddy showed up.
- Ben actually pulled it off. WHAT?!
- Yum, that bacon turkey leg that Ron is eating looks goooood.
- Ann kisses Andy. Not cool.
- April comes to see Andy and he tells her that he wants to be with her, but being honest kills it. He tells her that Ann kissed him. Uh oh.
- Chris walking in on Tom and Lucy. He's so awkward!
- Mark and Leslie-I did like their friendship. He was always looking out for her. Then again, they all do. With the park plans, he tells her "I wouldn't bet against you."
- Leslie flashes her new "essential" badge at Ben and that she has so many ideas. You can tell that Ben is coming around!
- Uh oh--Swanson is with Tommy's ex-wife! This is not cool, bro!
That's all for now,