March 12, 2013

Things I'm Loving

Safe Haven/Josh Duhamel/Julianne Hough:
I can definitely say this is at the very top of things I am obsessed with at the moment. This movie was phenomenal; I just saw it for the third time, and loved it as much. I have always LOVED Josh Duhamel. As for Julianne Hough, she  really impressed me! I've never been a huge fan (other than when she was on Dancing With The Stars), but that did change with this movie...She is quite the actress to pull a character like this off with such depth, and make it believable. GO. SEE. THIS. MOVIE. 
I re-read the book and am noticed some BIG differences, but I also think the movie still did the story line itself justice. Just like all of the other movies he has done in the past.
Movie trailer! 



Sweet tea:


I love sweet tea! But, I never really used to drink it unless we were in Nashville. Well, I finally started drinking it more when Chick-Fil-A came to town. Oh, but then Lucille's came along...and that took the award for everything. Not only do they have the best sweet tea, but also bread and fried pickles. YUM!

Sweet Lemon (online) Magazine: 
I found this one day through a blog I read, The College Prepster! She was one of the editors on this and had mentioned it several times, but I didn't start paying attention to it until recently, and then I was so inspired by it. There are so many great articles from girls who are great businesswoman, have graduated from college, and are really making a dent in the world. There are also just a lot of fun pages, like clothes, interviews, etc. It has even inspired me to start working on my own online magazine. I don't know that I'll ever actually do anything with it, but I'm brainstorming more with it right now. 

Boy Meets World:
I have never, ever stopped loving this show! It has been with me all throughout my life basically, and it's one of those shows that I will show my kids someday. I almost think I appreciate it more now since I'm older and can relate more with their college days and all of the dealings that getting older has brought them. After meeting Ben Savage, I also just wanted to start watching again, and to also get into the mood for Girl Meets World, as if I need to "get into it" any more than I am right now. I record them on ABC Family, and sometimes just spend an entire afternoon catching up on all of them. Good times! 

Signote App:
I've had this app for quite some time now, and just recently realized that I haven't been using it to its fullest capabilities. It's a great "artsy" app that allows you to add decorations to pictures, like hearts and smiley faces that look hand-drawn, or you can even do your own by adding a separate layer, which is extremely cool. You have to mess around with it a bit, but it's definitely worth it, and I believe it was free. 

Ian Somerhalder:
Ian is always one of my favorite things, but I thought why not add him to the list once again, just for fun? 
Here are a couple of great interviews I found! And here!
Youtube: 
Lately, I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube again, finding haul and lifestyle videos, which has inspired me to start doing more of my own again. Some of my favorites are Catrific, MoreCatrific, IAmMrBillabong, and KalebNation. Also, my friend Ceci's channel. I just love seeing and learning about other people and how they live; it inspires me to do what I do and love what I love, if that makes any sense.


Parenthood:
I just love this show! I love my family and I love shows about family (they help me not miss family as much when we're not all together), especially like this one. It's so real and raw; it's what a real family looks and acts like. They don't always get along, but they still have each other's backs in the end; I love all of the different relationship elements; aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces, grandparents and grandkids, parents and kids, etc. And I love their family dinners! I would love to have those every night; there would never be a dull moment. If this show doesn't tug at your heartstrings, there is something wrong with you.

Justin Timberlake:
I've always loved Justin, but his new style is just really making me love him all over again. Suit and Tie just makes me want to rock out in the car and have fun, and I'm really digging Mirrors too. Justin is BACK and better than ever.

American Idol:

If you didn't catch my last post, I am LOVING this season of Idol. It's probably the quickest I've ever gotten into a season, actually. There's so much talent and they all seem like genuinely nice people. These are my favorite



Lemon White Chocolate Cake:
Apparently one of Oprah's favorite things this month in her magazine is a sweet treat from a local bakery of ours in town, Sweet Surrender. After having a bite yesterday at the open house for it, I can definitely see why. It's so tasty and refreshing; it's just enough lemon and icing=delicious. It's perfect for Spring gatherings, especially for Easter afternoon.


So, that pretty much sums up the things I'm loving right now! What are some of your favorite things? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter-@ShelbyN92 :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment