October 13, 2012

The Weekly Review

Wow! Where to begin with this week? There were so many incredible highlights, but I also feel pretty exhausted from everything. I guess I will just start with Monday, as usual.

I went to the grocery store with my mom, since it's the typical Monday routine. As soon as we got home, we heard that President Obama had just landed. I'm not an Obama fan, but the President is the President, so my mom and I drove out to the airport to see the plane. Well, we couldn't see the plane, so we were about to turn to head to the old terminal, when the cops put up orange cones, so we couldn't move. He didn't tell us anything, just kept walking. We were really confused at what was going on, so we asked the guy across the way from us, who said it would be twenty minutes before we could leave, because the motorcade would be passing that way. Why they couldn't let just one more car go, I don't know...But, I'm glad they did stop us, because that's something I've always wanted to say that I was able to do. I couldn't believe how fast they were going; it was insane. We stopped at WalGreen's on the way home, because they are now selling a ton of Taylor Swift school supplies. Luckily, they did have a few things and I was SO happy. The rest of the day was pretty normal from there.


I had my creative writing class, so I carpooled with my friend, Michele, again. She filled me in all about her new internship that she's doing with the city, so that was cool to hear her stories. When we got to Taft, I went to the library, as I've been doing the past couple weeks to kill time before my class starts. My friend, Amanda, from class was there, so we talked all about critiques and how interesting the class is.
Class finally started, and I was so nervous after submitting my next assignment. I had decided to do a narrative, non-fiction type thing, and I was just waiting for everyone to hate it. I was really surprised at how many people liked it, except for one of the same girls who said it wasn't her "cup of tea," but oh well. You can't please everyone, and this class is definitely helping me realize not to take everything to heart. Even our teacher really expressed how much he liked it, and that I should continue with it, so I remember more details and things like that.
I had a horrible sore throat that day, so I didn't feel good at all. I wanted to just lay down on the couch and sleep, but my best friend was supposed to come over, and I was really looking forward to that.

We were going to just postpone it, but I took some DayQuil and was okay for the time being, so she still came over. We had so much fun! She's one of those people that we can just spend hours talking, and not run out of things to say. Good thing too, because that's exactly what we did. We sat on my bed and gabbed about anything and everything that came to mind. They were quite eventful conversations, let me just say. "I cannot..." was a big topic of discussion, and just how annoying it is. But, it became our thing, and it was hilarious.
I got this in the mail, and I don't even really remember sending it.


I woke up at 3:30 a.m extremely sick...Once again, that's a normal occurrence, so I'm used to it. I was throwing up, feeling miserable; took some medicine and tried to get comfortable. I watched a little TV, and fell asleep close to 5, waking up again a little after 9. I stayed in my pj's all day, watching One Tree Hill and whatever else I could find. I wanted to get better before all of the family came in for my grandpa's birthday. It was a really nice fall day to just be at home.

There were a lot of preparations for the family still left to be done. I felt really blah still, and debated on going to class, but since a new project was being introduced, I decided to go. I spent the morning relaxing on the couch, watching the KTLA morning news, and drinking coffee. There was really no better way to start the day. Luckily, my friend didn't have to pick me up until 10, so I got to sleep in a little too, which was awesome.

My creative writing class was a little low in attendance, so it felt more laid back. He talked to us about submitting our work to a magazine. I had no idea there were so many places in publication or how much really goes into the process of submitting. That's a big assignment that is due, so I'll have to do some research in how I want to do it.
The drive home from Taft was beautiful; the sky was dark and gray, looking close to rain and thunderstorms. You can definitely tell that fall is in the air.

I came home and was pooped out. My grandma was there when I got back, because they were waiting on my grandpa to bring the car over so my aunt and uncle would be able to use it while they're here. I had thought about going, but I had no energy, so the three of them went without me. I decided to make lunch, and while they were gone, there was a phone call from Burbank. I almost didn't answer it because I figured it was something with politics, but then I thought, "What if it's Ellen?" My mom and I had been writing in for about a month, as soon as I found out that Taylor Swift would be on the show. The lady asked for my mom, and I told her she wasn't there, so I took a message and told her I'd have her call back as soon as she got home. I was freaking out on the inside, and immediately text my mom. I really didn't feel like eating lunch or finishing homework after that. But, I did it. It was so hard focusing and not getting anxious the rest of the night.
Around 7, or possibly a little before, we got another phone call from Burbank. This time it was for me. She explained that I had been selected for Taylor Swift's performance on the Ellen show, and that she would perform about five songs. I was SO excited! I couldn't believe that it had actually worked! So, I booked the tickets and was posting it on Facebook/Twitter, and calling my dad. Things could not be more perfect. I also don't understand why certain people can't just be happy for others, and feel the need to belittle their experiences just because they're jealous. GET OVER IT AND YOURSELF. Alright, I'm done.
That night, we ate dinner and hung around for a bit, because we had to pick my aunt and uncle up at the airport around 10. I was so excited to see them, even though it had only been two weeks since the last time. I blasted Taylor in the car, in honor of all the excitement with her, and I was pumped. We sat in the lobby of the airport, while I rambled quotes from One Tree Hill and texted my friend, Sarah about The Vampire Diaries. I couldn't wait to get home to watch.
My aunt and uncle came in, and my dad started doing jumping jacks in the middle of the airport to greet them; it was awesome and I love him for it. He's never afraid to just have fun; doesn't matter where we are. We came home after that, because my other aunt and uncle would be meeting us there too. It was a big family gathering, as we all stood in the kitchen, catching up with one another. If you haven't caught on already, I really love being with family and all the togetherness. It gives me warm and fuzzies inside.
After everyone started getting ready for bed, I was finally able to watch The Vampire Diaries and I was SO excited. That deserves its own post alone, so stay tuned.

This time around, I'm going to include Friday in my "weekend" post, so be on the lookout for that as well.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment