October 17, 2012

The Vampire Diaries Season 4 Premiere


I was so glad that I was able to catch up with the show in time for the premiere of season 4! This season premiere did not let me down, as I'm sure other fans would agree. The writing and action on this show never cease to amaze me. One would think that for a show about vampires, they would start to run out of things to do, but somehow they don't run out of things to say. They keep viewers coming back for more.

I hated seeing Elena turn into a vampire, since that's the life she never wanted for herself. The scene where she told Stefan last season that she didn't want that life, even though she loved him, broke my heart! I loved how Stefan and Damon talked about that very thing in the kitchen, and Damon added a bit of his humor to the mix.
"And now the world has one more quarterback...Bravo, brother."
And after turning slightly more towards Team Damon last season, it was sad to see her choose Stefan once again. I was a fan of Stefan's from the very first episode, but the more we see of him, I just don't know. I feel like Damon always gets a bad rap for everything, and that Stefan is just the saint that can get away with going all wonky last season, and Elena still goes running back to him. I think it shows true love, but also contradicts everything she was starting to lean towards in the last few episodes of the season. Now, it's like she's making Damon feel like he was crazy for ever falling for her, yet they both knew the chemistry was there.

I have to say my favorite scene of the entire episode was when Damon and Elena were talking about the accident that Stefan saved her from the car at the bottom of the lake. I really think he loves her more than Stefan, and the same could be said for Elena, because obviously she fell in love with him too, while still "dating" Stefan.

Damon: You would've gotten to grow up and had the life you wanted, the life you deserved. And I know I didn't used to get that, but I do now, and I wanted that for you, Elena. And I would've gladly given it to you and let Matt die, because I am that selfish.

And the fact that Elena is now starting to remember all of those little moments between her and Damon are breaking my heart. Technically, she did meet him first, and said it might have changed things for her. Seeing her watch Damon saying 'I love you' made me think that maybe she'll start to come around with it, but I guess time will tell.

As you can see, I'm way too involved in my TV shows and need to get a life. This is why I have so much time to blog.

That's all for now,
Shelby

P.S Tune in to the CW Network tomorrow night to watch the second episode of The Vampire Diaries entitled, The Memorial at 8/7c. 

No comments:

Post a Comment