October 17, 2012

Life Is Good

"Just because you make a good plan, doesn't mean that's what's gonna happen."
~Taylor Swift~

What I've learned most about life is that you can make all the plans you want, but ultimately God has the final say. Life has a way of leading us to some pretty unexpected places, some good...and some not so good. We have to learn to just go with it and make the best of the situation or make ourselves miserable. I used to get my heart so set on whatever idea or plan I had in my mind, and when it wouldn't work out, I'd be devastated. As I've gotten older, I've learned to not think of anything as set in stone, because people will break plans and unforeseen things will happen. It's just a way of life. 

Life has been really hectic lately, but really awesome! There have been so many out of the ordinary moments, that I don't think I've had much time to fully process it all. I really take my life, the things I have and the people that are in my life, for granted. I don't truly appreciate my normalcy until something strange occurs. As much as I love being gone, and doing things A LOT...I forget how nice it is to just sit and BE at home for a good amount of time. There have been things I've wanted to do lately, but keep putting off, because I haven't had much time to just sit down and focus much. 

My family and I have been going like crazy for almost the past month with vacation, remodeling, family coming out, and just the everyday stuff like school and work. There have been random events in between, and a short break before my mom has surgery. Surgery is surgery, but luckily it's not too serious as of now. It'll definitely throw things off a bit, and then the holidays will be here before we know it. The rest of this year is going to be a whirlwind, and I'm trying to get ready for it. 

I don't know if we're ever truly ready for things that we know will change a certain period of time in our life, but you just have to go through with them anyway, dealing with them the best that you can! Here's to the next three months and making them count!

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment