October 17, 2012

Carrie Underwood Is Coming To Town (Tomorrow)


Carrie Underwood is one of my favorite people on this entire planet. I love what she stands for, her music, the way she handles herself in the public eye, her fashion sense, how she's an activist, the fact that we are similar in so many ways (journalism majors, close to our moms, can be a little on the quiet side at times), and she is truly the epitome of class. I have defended her like no other too. You mess with her, you mess with me. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is! :)

Tomorrow, I will be attending her concert at Rabobank Arena in my city! I have heard nothing but amazing things about this show, and I truly believe this is Carrie at her best, theatrically and musically. She really showcases her best vocal ranges on this CD and I can't wait to hear a lot of the songs live. She blows me away every time, and this will be no different. From the pictures I've seen, it's really different from the headlining tours she has done before, which is exciting! Plus, I'm extremely excited about Hunter Hayes; He's super talented at everything (songwriting, singing, playing instruments).

Having followed Carrie from the very first day of her journey, it has been so cool to see how far she has come. I have made so many wonderful friends and memories myself, along the way! In some ways, I don't feel like she's Carrie Underwood the superstar. To me, I feel like she's an acquaintance! The last time I really talked to her, she said remembered my mom and I, and I just about freaked out. I know I was screaming on the inside. When we met her at Jimmy Kimmel, it was dark and happened really fast, so I'm thinking she just didn't pay much attention that night. But, I know that she has remembered plenty of people from the fan club; giving specific memories, which is really cool to me.

Crossing my fingers that she'll remember us tomorrow night at the meet and greet! If not, it's totally cool and I'm excited anyway. But, I had a dream the other night that I was in the meet and greet line, and we had just made our way up to Carrie, after anxiously awaiting our turn. I said, "Hey Carrie! Do you remember me?" as she started to sign my picture, waiting for her to burst into a huge smile or to get really excited. She looked up at me, and was like, "No, sorry, I don't!" So...That pretty much scared me off from directly asking her whether she remembers us. HAHA. I laugh, but seriously....

Either way, I'm so excited and anxious for tomorrow night! I'm even skipping the one class I have tomorrow in order to prepare ;) LOL. I will be sure to update you lovely folks on everything. Though, it might be a couple days because the meet and greet pictures won't be posted right away!

That's all for now,
Shelby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment