May 4, 2012

The Avengers

Last night, I went to the midnight showing of The Avengers with my friends Viviyan and Febe. Usually I'm not into these kinds of movies, but I thought it would be fun to hang out with them and everyone has been buzzing about this movie for the past several years. Viviyan picked me up around 8:15, so we could go to Wal-Mart and pick up snacks. We didn't realize we had bought so much until we had to separate it all into three different purses. HA!

We met Febe at 9, and decided to get in line as soon as possible. There were already a ton of people wrapped around the building; dressed all out for the occasion, and most of the people that weren't you could just tell that they were superhero nerds. In fact, the people in front of us were debating about certain superheroes and all that jazz, definitely entertaining. Waiting in line also gave the three of us a chance to chat and catch up on life, share some exciting news, and fill Viv in on some things that went down at the Young Adults service. The time went by quickly, and a little after 10 they started letting us into the theater. That gave us two hours to kill...so we pulled out our phones, started eating all the junk food we had brought, and listening to the intense conversation of the people in front of us once again over superheroes. I believe it was over Batman or Spiderman....? They finally realized we were listening, and realized how nerdy they sounded. I was really trying to stifle a laugh. It started getting harder too LOL.
 
I actually really loved the movie! It was so much better than I thought it would be, to which Viviyan was offended ;). The movie is 2 1/2 hours, and I wondered how that would be, but they kept those two hours jam packed with action and going right along. It kept my interest, except for the fact that I started getting SO tired. I closed my eyes several times, but never actually fell asleep. I highly recommend the movie, especially if you are a fan of this genre. Now, I want to see Iron Man, Captain America, and possibly The Hulk. Robert Downey Jr was hilariously witty and Scarlett Johannson was one tough chick. I have to say they were my favorites of the entire thing.

After the movie ended, Febe dropped me off at home. We had a nice little chat on how to ask God for things and how life is a little complicated at times. I always love the little chats I have with whatever friend drops me off. They are so inspiring and encouraging, and know how to life my spirits. They are true women of God that I admire and I am so glad they are in my life. As soon as I got home, I got ready for bed and crashed. It felt wonderful :)

That's all for now,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment