May 2, 2012

Lightweight

"Love God, love people, nothing else matters."

Sometimes that second one is extremely hard to follow through with. A problem I have is that I care too much, and usually about people who don't care the same amount as me. I have a fragile heart, and I guess that's how I relate to Brooke Davis. We care so much about people; friends and family, but they don't always return the favor. So, time and time again we get hurt. We build up walls to try to protect ourselves from getting hurt again, but somehow it doesn't work. We care too much.
It's hard to love people when it feels like they just keep pushing you to the ground. It really hurts and frustrates the heck out of me when you've done nothing but try to help people, and they don't appreciate it. They just seem to keep griping about all that you've done wrong or when you didn't say something right. I know that I've screwed up a lot, but I've been open about that. It's annoying when they only point out your flaws and say that I've done the same. So many times I've thought that I was in the wrong. I've tried so many times over the past couple years to be patient, but I'm done. I can forgive and move on, but that doesn't mean I have to keep putting up with it. Sometimes the best thing you can do is wish that person well and pray for them. I've learned that I can't FIX people, and maybe that has been my problem all along. I can be there for them, but I can't make them change or always make them see things from my perspective.

"I'm a lightweight, easy to fall easy to break, better be careful what you say, with every word my whole world shakes. You're in control of my heart..." ~Demi Lovato~

No comments:

Post a Comment