Single girls everywhere always feel a little more single on February 14. However, just because you don’t have a significant other to gush over doesn’t necessarily mean Valentines Day has to suck. Here are a few ways to have a great Valentine’s Day even if you’re single.
1) Go to the movies: Sure it’s going to be packed with couples, holding hands and kissing (insert gag here). If you want to go see a sappy romantic film, why not check out The Vow starring everyone’s favorite heartthrob, Channing Tatum? Or, if a romantic movie is too cliché for you, try seeing one many dramas that are out like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or The Descendants, (Clooney should make you forget your singledom). Don’t be afraid to treat yourself to a large popcorn, (with extra butter) and some candy… I know I will.
2) Have a girls night: I know it sounds trite, but last year was one of the best Valentines Days I ever had and it wasn’t because I spent it with a guy. I shared it with my best friends having a girl’s night in. Bake brownies or cookies and buy tons of chocolate so you can stuff your face, sit around with your girls and soak up each other’s awesomeness.
3) Have an “I hate Valentine’s Day party”: Have all your single friends over for a night with no pink, no hearts and NO feelings of loneliness. All your friends who are couples will be out on dates anyway so go ahead and enforce the “single girls only” rule.
4) Treat yourself: Since your not wasting your money on Hallmark cards or store bought chocolates why not buy yourself something YOU actually want. That new watch you’ve been eyeing? Buy it! Spoil yourself for no reason and be free to do whatever your little heart desires.
5) Go on a date with your best friend: Carrie and Miranda do it in Sex and The City! Take a night off Berkshire grub and make a reservation at your favorite restaurant. It’s the best date you can go on; you’ll be with someone you’re 100% comfortable with and able to talk about the Real Housewives of Beverley Hills without an exasperated male sigh and eye-roll. An added bonus…you’ll be enjoying food you didn’t have to wait in line for.
(I loved this article)
Just a few little ideas to get you in the mood for that special day ;)