January 11, 2013

Critic's Choice Awards 2013

I happened to see everyone talking about the Critic's Choice Awards tonight on Twitter and other famous blogs, like Just Jared, and decided to check them out. To be honest, I don't even remember ever hearing about these, since they're on CW, but I vaguely remember watching last year. Anyway, I was curious to see who was there or who would be presenting, if nothing else.

The awards actually went really smoothly! I watch Sam Rubin all the time on KTLA 5's morning show, so I thought it was cool that he was hosting, though a host didn't really seem necessary for a show like this.
I didn't care one way or another about most of the winners, since I haven't seen (basically) any of the movies that were nominated. Shame on me! But, I did enjoy seeing who was sitting next to who at the tables. I especially enjoyed when the camera would cut to John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. I think they are such a beautiful couple!
I can't believe how many awards Silver Lining Playbook swept up, as well as Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence! I've heard it's really good, but from what I've seen it looks rather...Interesting, in a weird sort of way. And I figured Argo/Ben Affleck would win for best director, which it did! It's always fun just throwing out random names of movies or actors and hoping you're right, if all else fails. There's not really much else to comment on, but it'll be interesting to see how these winners compare to Sunday night's at the Golden Globes.







That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment