January 14, 2013

Birthday Challenge #6

Tonight, our young adults group started back after the holiday break for the past month, I'd say. I hadn't been going for awhile before that, because I had just gotten lazy or busy with other things, then the Christmas choir started up and the schedule just wasn't normal, so I hadn't tried. After the first of the year, it was my goal to get into the swing of things once again, because I've been out for too long.
I want to start the new year off right by getting back into my relationships with everyone at church and just getting involved again, because I really miss that.

There wasn't a specific message tonight, it ended up just being us, talking about whatever our hearts called us to at that moment and we got a lot of wonderful things out of it. A lot of hearts were touched and healing was taking place. We talked about how God is the master, and we are merely just the managers of what He has given to us, and it's up to us of what we do with that. We also talked about how we've started to treasure technology more than we do relationships. There were so many things that resonated with me, that I was jotting away in the notebook I had brought.

It was really great just having a chance to be back with good friends and to be in a setting where God and faith are the main focus. I've slipped away from all of that for too long, and I forgot how good it feels to be connected to church and letting the Spirit work through me. It's a pretty wonderful thing. I hung around for a little while after we finished, just talking with a few of my friends about birthday stuff and just how they'd been, etc. It reminded me that things are starting to get back on track and it feels wonderful.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment