September 6, 2012

Weekly Review

Obviously I started school, started working on assignments that will be due pretty soon, watched the Melissa and Joey marathon on ABC Family, came down from the shock of Pretty Little Liars, looked at the full moon-considered to be the "Blue Moon", went bike riding, talked to friends, and all the usual things I do to fill my weeks. It was basically just a time of getting adjusted to my new Fall schedule. It's funny how the first week of school used to be the easiest. Now, it's the trickiest, just finding out what works and what doesn't, and remembering when things are due. 
For some reason I got into a really weird funk of over-thinking and over-analyzing little tiny details, like reading the critiques to the poem of mine that classmates had responded to. I'm not sure why I cared so much, but writing is extremely personal to me. I'm also extremely sensitive in the first place, so the two don't go together. It's like when they attack the writing, they're attacking me. They weren't harsh, a couple just said it didn't have much emotion. That hurt a little, because I'm huge on that. I want to make someone feel something. I don't want just another lousy story that isn't going to make a difference. I guess I just wasn't expecting them to have so many opinions or to be so honest when it came to the very first submission. Besides, poetry is not my forte. My feedback is probably not hard enough with things like "Great story! Make it longer" or "Love the description of the poem, change the format." I guess we'll find out next Tuesday. I had a bit of a breakdown and it got me in a fighting mood, just wanting to defend everything or make a snide remark anytime someone went against me. If I didn't say it out loud, I was sure thinking it in my head. After talking to one of my best friends, I felt a lot better. You're not always going to have the "approval" of everyone, but the ones that matter will stick by you, even if you happen to write something sucky...Which I don't think it was. 
Friday was nice because I was able to spend the day with my mom. We had lunch and ran some errands, then went to the mall for a bit. It was the perfect ending to such a weird week! Plus, I got the new Taylor Swift perfume. Is there really a better way to get a cheering up? I don't think so. 










Yup, that's California alright. I'm over the heat-where's the cooler weather?
Taylor Swift perfume!!!!! 
My first Chai Latte! It's like fall in a cup. I've seriously been missing out. 
Now, I realize this doesn't make sense at all really....but, IT'S SOPHIA BUSH. Who cares?!






That was my week! Here's to a 3 day weekend, and a new week. May I have a better outlook than the last one.

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment