September 7, 2012

"Wake Me Up When September Ends..." Part Two

Ah, part two of the three day weekend=Sunday! I woke up pretty groggily, and immediately got ready for church. The service was really good, kicking off a new series called, "One Month To Live." Obviously, it's focusing on what we would do and how we would live if we only had about 30 days left here on earth. I think this is going to change my perspective on a lot of things. I'd also like to get involved with the small groups they're getting ready to start as well.


We met up with some family friends at Olive Garden for lunch, which was really nice. We were able to catch up with them and told them about church, since they had missed it that morning. Wow! I always forget how filling Italian food is...but, oh so good! 
That afternoon, my parents and I watched some One Tree Hill in order to get us ready for Wilmington. I've been sharing some of my favorite episodes, or some of the episodes I think really showcase what the show is all about. We watched the "Pilot" and "With Tired Eyes." Shortly after, we went to Radio Shack to pick up a chord for our TV to get our speakers to work, then had dinner at Chuy's and drove around for a bit downtown. There's something really enchanting about downtown now. They've fixed it up, and it's starting to look really nice. The rest of the night was spent relaxing, and hanging out.


We were at an intersection with a green light, when another car ran the red light, cutting right in front of us. Had my dad not waited a few seconds....It might not have had a very good outcome.  


Monday:
Happy Labor Day! :)

I was able to sleep in quite a bit...Story of my life. My dad and I watched a couple more episodes of One Tree Hill. I got ready, then my parents and I went out for lunch. We ran a couple of errands, llike looking at tile and carpeting at Lowe's. I stocked up on those little cards of paint colors. I've seen blogs that have done creative things with them, so I thought I'd try it out. We even went out near the car dealerships, just looking around a bit. I was so proud of my dad when he referenced the episode of One Tree Hill that we'd watched earlier when Haley gets hit by the car. He's also getting really good with the character names and story lines for only having seen a few episodes out of sequence. We came home for awhile, trying to figure out what to do or where to go, but I couldn't think of anything. I had been joking with my dad that I should move into the media room, so I'd have more room. My mom and him discussed it (I watched 7th Heaven), and a little while later, we were moving everything. We got quite a bit accomplished; even the cats were involved. It was quite an exciting night! 


Taking a bit of a break from working ;)
Needless to say, I had quite an amazing weekend. Then, it was back to school and online classes.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment