July 7, 2012

"Half scared to death, can't catch my breath...aren't these the moments we live for?" ~Gloriana

They say, "If your dreams don't scare you, then they aren't big enough," and I've always believed that. Which is a good thing too because mine are starting to scare the heck out of me. I can't tell you how many nights I've had trouble falling asleep lately, worrying about the future and what's to come and how to make the biggest dream of mine come true. I've never really cried much at the prospect of not finding the guy of my dreams or getting my fairytale wedding; I've never come close, because it's just not that important to me. That's where music steps in and the tears begin. And I'm sure all of you know, because I write just about every time any of that comes to mind and how I'm completely clueless on how to make any of these things happen, instead of just dreaming about them. Well, I did come up with a sort of outline, as I've done before, of what I need to do or some back-up plans to get the ball rolling:.
  • Get my permit by the end of this year and my license hopefully by the middle of next year!
  •  The Voice auditions-if it's meant to be...I will find my way there one or another, whether my family is for it or could care less
  • Get a job and save, save, save!!!!!!
  • Write into Ellen daily; maybe she'll catch on that I'm serious about this
  • Annoy the heck out of everyone I know with connections or people on Twitter that can help me get somewhere...anywhere at this point.
  • Check into jobs, apartments, rent, etc. 
  • GET OUT OF TOWN
This is MY year and I'm going for it. I am more determined than I've ever been. So, people can either get on board now or watch me as I walk away to do what I need to do. It's not their life, I don't get why they care so much. I'm done!

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment