July 7, 2012

T.G.I.F

This morning, I woke up around 9:30! I finally decided to get back into my devotion time with God in the morning rather than waiting all day and letting my moods get all out of hand. I got ready and pretty soon it was time to meet one of my best friend's, Marissa, at Chic-Fil-A for lunch. Go figure, but it has been at least six months or so since we've really seen each other and we live in the same town. Our schedules have just been off and life gets busy, but we were finally able to catch up today. With her, I can always pick up right where we left off. It didn't take even a minute, before we were diving in to tell each other stories and there were a lot of them. We ate, gabbed for quite some time about everything from family and friends to school and the future. At least I know I'm not alone with feeling like life is just sort of at a stand-still; not being where we want to be. I guess it's just that age. At least that's what I keep telling myself-we're all just trying to figure out where we want to end up and who we want to be in the process. I've never had to sugar coat anything around her. Not that I necessarily have to around other people, but she's one of those people that has always just understood me and would let me vent, not judging me or anything. She will tell me flat out how she feels and I can do the same with her, though we're usually pretty in sync with things. I even ran into a couple more friends from church at Chic-Fil-A, which was cool. I didn't talk to them long, because it was crowded, but it was good to see them. Also, while we were sitting down, one of the workers from Chic-Fil-A kept walking around to see if anyone needed anything. But, he kept glancing at me as he walked by our table. Marissa's like "Someone likes you." Lucky me...haha. When we finished with lunch, we headed to The Marketplace to the movie theater so we could buy the tickets. Once we had those in hand, we were good to go. We hung out in the shade for a bit, just doing more catching up and laughing about how crazy life is and random stories that we hadn't been able to share.









The Katy Perry movie is incredible! I was a big fan before, but after seeing the vision and drive she has for her craft, I have so much respect for her. I don't want to give anything away, but knowing her story with the divorce and everything; when she cried, I was trying not to full on cry, which was extremely hard. I was wiping away tears, not gonna lie. I don't think people give her enough credit, because of the crazy costumes she wears, etc. But, she knows exactly who she is and what she wants, it's just that she's the first person to be like her and that's a little shocking to America. Seeing her as just Katy, behind the scenes, and how she handles the pressure of being in the spotlight, I just love her even more. She is so full of life and charisma; she would totally be the best person to road trip with.
Marissa came over to my house for a few minutes after the movie. She said hi to my mom, visited with one of my cats, and filled me in on another pretty important story, then we said goodbye, agreeing that we couldn't go that long without seeing each other again. We've also made plans to start Skyping more and possibly start doing the "6$ Tuesday" special at the movies.

I can't just sit around for long, so I decided to go on a bike ride after Marissa left. It was a gorgeous, hot summer day and I wasn't going to pass that up. I listened to some Chris Young (yet again) and just enjoyed the sunshine. I sat on my front porch for awhile, continuing to listen to music and just enjoyed being still. That's something I don't do a lot. I constantly have to have my hands doing something, or I'm wandering my house, or writing...The list could go on and on. But, I decided to just sit and and relax for a few minutes. The simple things are what life is really about. In between songs on my iPod I could hear the rustling of the trees and could see the sunlight bouncing off of the leaves. It's in those moments that we find something greater than us.

I got home and decided to start a new blog project type thing I've been thinking a lot about this week. It's about how much I love the Country lifestyle basically. It's where I'll post a lot about Country music and Nashville, whether it's favorite places, lyrics, artists, videos, or daydreams, style, or my favorite country type items that I love. I thought it would be fun to do. So, I hope you'll check that out as well as this blog. I'm just a blogging machine.
http://citygirlwithalittlecountrycharm.blogspot.com/
Tonight, we sat down to dinner as a family as we do most nights, then decided to head out to our local baseball field where they do fireworks. It's a bit of a drive, so it's always nice to talk with my parents and just listen to the radio. I tried to put my phone down for awhile, giving my brain time to breathe. Sometimes it just goes into overload because of all the information I'm seeing on a daily basis; I'm thinking I need to get away from it more. We stopped at Sonic to get slushies, which weren't as good as I was hoping they'd be, but still refreshing. We pulled into a parking lot about a block away from the stadium, where we kept waiting, waiting and waiting for something to happen. Well, we waited for close to an hour maybe, and the fireworks never happened, so we finally left. It turns out they were in the 13th inning...That explains it. Even so, it was a fun night just driving around town. Slowly, but surely, I'm learning you don't always have to be doing something big to make it memorable. In fact, most of life's greatest moments are unexpected and the little things that make our hearts feel full. 


Now, it's almost 2 a.m and we're going out of town, once again tomorrow morning. I'll actually be kind of glad when we can just have a normal weekend at home. I never thought I'd say that. HAHA. I'm going to try turning in for the night.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment