May 9, 2012

This Weekend

Saturday, I was able to sleep in a little. I had lunch at Panera with my parents and went over to Target for awhile. Awhile after that, I went to my friend Febe's house and we headed out to Relay For Life. It was my first time ever participating or even going to the event, so I was excited. Two of my grandma's have passed away from the disease and so many others have been affected by it as well. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. Our Relay For Life is the biggest in the country and they weren't kidding. There were booths everywhere, live music, food and lots of people. I had a blast hanging out with my friend Jasmine and her best friend, Martha for awhile. I even got my eyes done with sparkly eyeshadow from the ladies at Sephora. I figured it's a fun event and the proceeds go to Relay, so why not??  Then, when Febe got done working at the Starbucks booth, we walked around to explore and check things out; she even got a henna tattoo. They has so many crafts and items for sale. It was neat seeing who had what and seeing the team theme ideas and shirts.
I was also able to check out a few bands that are also friends and members of our church! We have so many talented musicians that it's always cool to get to hear them play their own music when given the chance. My friend/music pastor, Jim's band performed their new single, "Love's A Funny Thing." It's super catchy! If you buy their single on iTunes, all the proceeds between now and April will go towards Relay For Life. I got some videos of them that I'll try to post later on as well. Until then, check out their new CD on iTunes.

It was so good being able to catch up with people I haven't been able to spend much time with lately, a few people that I don't always see, and new faces as well. Febe and I watched Jim's band, Soulajar perform for awhile, then decided to leave. The dust was absolutely crazy and we were both getting pretty sleepy, so we decided to call it a night. I slept so good!

The next morning was church; such a great kick off to the new series on how God turns bad things around for good.

After, my parents and I had lunch at P.F Changs, which was entertaining. The rest of the afternoon, I spent mainly out on the front porch working on hw and a story that I've been writing for awhile. It was too gorgeous of a day to be stuck inside, so I thought why not bring it outside? There's something about being out on the front porch that brings me to a whole other level of inspiration. I really feel God's presence and just reminders to take it slow and to not always be in a rush to get nowhere.

That night we went out to dinner with some family friends at Chuy's. We hadn't seen them in awhile, so we were filling each other in on our lives and vacations coming up. We also talked about hanging out this weekend, since we'll all be in LA at the same time. When dinner was finished, we decided to go to the new Dewar's ice cream shop that had opened. It's definitely a specialty around here; if you're ever in the area...GO! Once again on both accounts, we sat outside because it felt better outside than inside.

That's all for now,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment