April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

Saturday: 
Saturday, my parents and I had lunch at Chilis. I actually ended up knowing our waitress, because she had been in my sociology class. It was cool getting to see her again, because she's such a sweetheart. We ended up doing a little shopping around just for the heck of it. It was such a beautiful Spring day out and perfect weather. That night, we had pizza and my parents  even watched the One Tree Hill "Forever and Always" special (I'm getting them in the mood for Wilmy). It was such a fun night! And I cried again while watching it. I just didn't let myself turn into a blubbering mess, because THAT could have been embarrassing ;)



Sunday:
I sang with the choir at church, which was so much fun! I had to get there earlier for practice, so we stopped at Starbucks first (because you can't fully be awake without a little coffee in your system, right?). The band was practicing when I got there, so Viviyan and I chilled for a bit until they were ready for soundcheck.


Pretty soon, service was starting and it was our turn to go out! It's always so much fun singing and worshiping with everyone. We don't always get to do it, so it's fun when we do. After, I sat with my parents and aunt in the audience for the message. Easter is always such a great reminder of what Jesus did for us; I mean that's what Easter is all about! But, it's more than that. So many times throughout the year we get caught up in our day to day lives that we forget about God's grace and think we have to do everything on our own. I know I do. And I feel like I have to be perfect, before God will help me start to change...but that's just the thing...he takes us in no matter what condition we're in. We don't have to fit a certain mold, He loves us just the way we are and can still do miracles in our lives.

After the service, I only had one more service to sing at. Some friends and I hung out in the lobby and took pictures. It had me thinking about last year and how things have changed so much; how I know way more people than I ever did last year and we're actually close. They have changed my life in the best ways possible! :)





After church, it was lunch time with the family. I had wanted to do a really fun and festive Easter brunch, where everyone comes over to our house and it's something like on one of those festive episodes of your favorite TV shows. I've always had all these ideas for what I would do, so I told my parents about it and they were all for it....but, it seems that they were the only ones that were. It didn't happen and we ended up going out to Black Angus, which was so not as good. It was still fun seeing my family, even though we didn't get to talk much. Our waitress was...interesting to say the least and had a lot to say, we'll leave it at that. One of these years, I want to do something out of the ordinary and make it a whole big thing.
Usually, my cousin and I would dye Easter eggs at my house after lunch was finished, but we haven't done it together the last couple years. I guess some traditions just fade, but I still wanted to do it regardless, so my mom and I did it together. Were they totally awesome? No. But, that's not why you do it anyway! It was fun :) The rest of the afternoon was pretty laid back, which was nice.

This was SO cool!!!!! THANK YOU :D
Later that night, I got a DM from Austin Nichols, which just made everything so much better. I have become such a big fan of his, now not only because he was Julian Baker, but because of him as a person. You can just tell he really cares about the fans and helping others out. Such an inspiration to so many!

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment