April 11, 2012

A Few Things This Week


Monday afternoon, I was not in the best of moods. I was frustrated and not really sure why, so I decided to sit out outside and read my Bible to calm down. There's a reading plan that my church does and one of the verses was in Psalms. I never realized how much I absolutely adore that book; it's so beautiful and poetic. They're praises to the Creator of the Universe. As I sat on my front porch on the glorious Spring day that it was, nothing could ring more true than the words on the page. It was almost as if they came alive. I could smell the nectar of the flowers blooming close by, the birds chirping loudly with each other in the trees, and the cool breeze balancing out the sunlight that was starting to burn my leg.

It's moments like that make me ponder why I waste so much time being so negative and bitter or want to put myself in a bad mood. God is so...indescribable. He heals my pain, my worries, my fears and He is the only one that has always been there for me. Thinking about all the times that I've acted like a brat or just difficult to deal with in general, and the fact that He never gave up on me shows just how much He loves me. Knowing that nothing I do will ever change that is pretty mind boggling. It gives me peace in my heart and mind that I don't have to always measure up or be perfect, because He loves me regardless of my short comings.

When we stop to take a step back, rather than focus on the bad things going on around us, we just might find beauty in some pretty unexpected places. I've been finding that out a lot more recently, because there really IS beauty everywhere, it just depends on our attitudes. God can do something wonderful with any situation we're faced with.




A few minutes later, I got an unexpected visit from some family friends and my One Tree Hill script came in the mail. It's amazing how things can turn around when you give them to God.
She brought me back one of the programs from the awards when she was in Vegas!!!! Thank you Mandy :)


If you're feeling in a weird funk or are just feeling miserable. I encourage you to just take some time to yourself outside and spend some quiet time with God. Spending time with Him and even just observing the simple things in life will help you turn your negative thinking around!

That's all for now-have a blessed week,
Shelby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment