December 19, 2011

'Twas The Weekend Before Christmas

I think this weekend really kicked off the busyness of the last week before Christmas. I had a lot of fun with friends and family, but most importantly it just made me take a step back and realize how blessed I really am.

Friday Night:

Jewelery that was my grandma's

My pj's


Hanging out with the girls for Febe's birthday

Apples to Apples

Looking through bridal magazines!
I went to my friend Febe's house for her birthday! We had so much fun just hanging out, talking, watching movies, eating, playing games, etc. One of her friends is engaged, so she was talking about her wedding plans with us, and Hillary was helping her plan it all out. That had all of us girls going into daydream, lovey dovey mode thinking about our own future weddings. I think if you can find the one person that makes all of that craziness worth it, then I'm all for it...until then, it'll just remain a nice idea. It was so cute seeing how excited she was for this, though, because it should be nothing but a wonderful time!

Saturday:
My mom and I had breakfast at Denny's, then I had to go to Rabobank Theater for sound check/reheasal for the Christmas concert. It gave Viviyan and I a chance to talk and hang out, and to talk with other people from church. I also love seeing how everything comes together with the band, set up, and the anticipation of performing. My aunt picked gave me a ride home, and I was able to get ready there, which was nice. Then, it was showtime. I went to dinner with my parents and family friends after the show, which was a lot of fun!

Sunday:
We didn't have to get to the theater until 8, but a friend from church picked me up so we could get Starbucks beforehand. Viviyan and I went in our sweats, and just changed a little while before the concert. It was fun exploring the arena, talking to people, and just feeling the excitement in the room as everyone got ready for the last show. What a blast it was; there's something about performing that I will never be able to completely put into words like I wish I could. Last night, I went to dinner with my parents and we looked at Christmas lights. People just don't decorate like they used to though. :/


I'm gonna make a separate blog for the Christmas concert, because there's so much that I have to say! :)

That's all for now,
Shelby





No comments:

Post a Comment