December 19, 2011

Christmas Concert

The past three Christmases, I've been in the choir for the concert at church, and now it has become so much a part of my life I look forward to doing it every year. I love that I have been able to meet so many new people, and it has helped me get more involved at church, which has brought me closer to God again. The first year I did it was in 2009, and now when I look back to the person I was back then, she sort of seems like a stranger in a way. Others might not notice the changes, and I know I still have a long way to go...but I'm getting closer every year to where I want to be.

This weekend was so much fun! It is what so many volunteers, Lydia, the band, the choir, and others have been working towards for the past several months to a year (for planning). You don't realize how much it takes to put on a show of this caliber until you're part of it. I've been learning so much just by being around the music, the media, and that entire department...but more importantly I've gotten to know more about people I've known forever. The concert is such a fun way to get people in the community and all four of our services to come together in the same place, and hear about Christ. It reminded me that God's love is not CONDITIONAL, it's UNCONDITIONAL. He loves me on my good and bad days. He doesn't give up on me, when other people might want to.  This season is all about HIM, not me and what I want. The more I'm reminded of that, the happier I am. No matter what happens, God's in control and that gives me peace :) And there's nothing like singing on stage with a lot of wonderful people around you! I'm really sad that it's already over...what to do now? Haha.

I love these guys so much, and I'm thankful that I have so many positive influences in my life. I know that when I'm having a hard time or just need someone to talk to, I can turn to one of them and they'd be there in a heartbeat. God is really changing my heart, my attitude, and my life. I'm glad I'm able to go out of this year on a positive note. 

Saturday:









Sunday:




"Long live the walls we crashed through, how the kingdom lights shined just for me and you. I was screaming long live all the magic we made, and bring on all the pretenders...one day, we will be remembered." ~Taylor Swift~

No comments:

Post a Comment