September 11, 2011

My Weekend!

Yesterday was a lot of fun, and very unexpected! We had lunch at a local bbq restaurant, went to a boutique that was having one heck of a sale, and weren't really sure what else to do after that. So, I suggested we drive to one of the lakes in our town, which is quite a drive, but a beautiful scenery along the way. I turned my phone off, we listened to the radio, and had a great time.



We grabbed some refreshments on the way home!


Sunset!

Alright, so this was from Friday...but I was SO excited! Love Shane West :)

My little man, Mittens. He was so precious!

Today, I was on the worship team at church, and that was awesome! And fun, as always. I'm reminded many times of how incredible my church family is! I've been going there my entire life, and for the longest time, it was just because my parents did and wanted me to go there ya know? Not that I didn't love going there, but I wasn't involved, and only knew people my parents knew. Now that I'm getting older, I feel like it's really MY church, and I love that, and my parents' friends feel more like my friends. I love being a part of something so wonderful that God has planned, and I've grown closer to and have met many amazing people. I'm truly blessed! The songs were a little harder this week, but after three services, I think it turned out really good! And bottom line is, it's not about the music ultimately. We don't want to lose focus of our main goal and why we're up there in the first place. We've got a great team, and I'm so proud of everyone!  :)

My new shirt
The beautiful sunset on the way to church. :) I was reminded of learning to enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment