August 1, 2014

Off day...

I've been having an awful time sleeping lately. I'm usually just not tired or there a 1,000,001 things on my mind. I usually toss and turn, watching a variety of shows, including Drake and Josh or Phineas and Ferb. Yup. Normally, I can just get by on a few hours of sleep. But, lately, I have felt incredibly miserable - stressed out about life and little sleep is not a good mix, in case you were wondering.

I've finally been able to get some sleep this week, but last night, I woke up around 4:30 a.m. I was just sort of worried when I woke up and then I have a hard time falling back to sleep. I was nervous about today, because I had to do an interview for the newspaper, and I was just hoping everything went okay...You know, the usual. I walked out to the living room, because my cat was crying, then watched TV for a bit, then finally fell asleep awhile later.

I finally got up around 10 and got ready. Around noon, my aunt came over, then my mom and I had lunch with her. We still had enough time after lunch that we decided to go to Home Goods and a couple other places. I was starting to get anxious about making sure I had everything ready to go, and was just in the right mindset, so we headed home. We watched TV for a bit, I made sure my phone had plenty of space to record audio and just tried to relax as much as possible.

Finally, it was time to go. My mom and aunt were going to run a couple errands, so they just dropped me off. This was something definitely out of my comfort zone, as the show was at one of our local bars. I felt so awkward walking into this totally new place, but met the band, who was huddled at a table. I met with their manager and they figured out a spot for us to chat in an office, so I could record it.

It was interesting, that's for sure. What I love about being a "journalist" is that it allows me to meet so many different kinds of people that I might not be that familiar with, but might be curious to know more about their lifestyles. I'd probably never meet them otherwise. I look at each of the interviews I've given over the past couple years as a stepping stone. I'm also trying to stop putting so much pressure on myself, so that I can learn from my mistakes. It's better that I make them now than once I'm in the "business," even though I'm going to make them there too. Once I just accept that fact, it's a lot easier to move along in life.

I talked with SomeKindaWonderful for about 30 minutes and stuck around a few minutes after just to scope out the venue, since I couldn't stay for the show. I kind of felt like I was doing an interview for "Rolling Stone." Hard core, right? Yeah...That's me ;) JK! Not at all. But, it was a learning experience.

My mom and aunt picked me up, then we went to Sonic to pick up some drinks. My aunt left a few minutes later, then I caught up on my TV shows, like Girl Meets World LeAnn&Eddie. Good times.

I feel like I was just "off" all day - totally out of the norm circumstances and lack of sleep. Not a good mix! But, I think it all turned out okay in the end.

You live and learn.

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment