April 2, 2014

Bye, bye spring break...

Well, after a week long break it's back to school I go. The break was nice, but, oh how I wish it was longer. Then again, I was really starting to get bored just sitting at home day after day...

I thought I'd catch you up to speed on my life over the past couple of weeks:

  • Celebrated my Dad's birthday
  • Went bike riding; enjoyed the gorgeous weather
  • Bought a TON of books; Read a lot
  • Worked on a couple stories I've been writing/brainstorming
  • Stayed up too late, slept in a little later
  • Helped clean out our newspaper office…WHOA
  • FINALLY watched Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail, as well as a couple other movies I hadn't seen!
  • I did some painting and drawing
  • Bought some new music
  • Gushed over Chris Evans
  • Apparently I took a lot of selfless
  • Started watching How I Met Your Mother (again..I had started the first season awhile back but couldn't get into it. Thought I'd give it another try)
  • Started feeling empowered and getting pumped about the changes coming up! 
  • Went to church
  • Texted a few friends
  • Dropped off my best friend's birthday present at her house
  • Had lunch with family friends/had a little shopping adventure with just the ladies after (BOOKHOUNDS..MY FAVORITE PLACE)
  • Went on a shopping trip with my mom
  • Found I got 3 A's and 1 B for my classes last quarter…and made the Dean's List!!! I WAS SO HAPPY!

Yes, I text this to my dad for his birthday! :)
I had too much fun with this app...














KEVIN FROM THE OFFICE…WHAT?!










Love her! 

All in all, it was a good break. With so many classes and constantly staying busy, I've just been wiped out and wishing I could just stay home, so I really appreciated the time to actually be bored. It's good to not have anything planned from time to time, and I have a feeling that one of these days, my world could just change overnight and I might not have that freedom of "hanging out" whenever I want. And it will be wonderful, because I've had plenty of moments like this. That is what I'm working towards after all, isn't it?

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment