August 17, 2013

Things I'm Loving...

(Photo courtesy of: Tasteofcountry.com)

This was probably Carrie's best production to date; complete with costume changes, a nice mixture of old and new songs, as well as phenomenal lighting and other surprises along the way, like a floating stage hovering over the audience! Her first live DVD gives those, who weren't able to attend a live show, a chance to see what all the hype was about. She definitely deserved an Entertainer of the Year nomination and should get one for the CMA's in November, because from the sounds of it, they've been flying off the shelves in its first week. What I love most about concert DVD's like this is that you get to see a lot of behind the scenes footage- the process of how the show comes together, what it's like before going on stage, and more. I wish there would've been more, but I'm glad we still got a quick glimpse of the fabulous life that Carrie leads. I highly recommend giving this a watch if you're a Carrie fan, a country fan, or even just a music fan in general. She is one of the best entertainers and singers of all time, and I don't think people fully understand how great she really is.
(photo courtesy of: drugstore.com)
I've had a really big obsession with red lipstick over the last year or so, but was always a little too afraid to try it out, because I don't really do anything too exciting or stand out-ish with my makeup. I like to stick to the basics. I was finally brave enough to try it out and fell in love with it. I fee so bold and daring, especially for a night out on the town. It's like an immediate confidence booster. The picture is of the "Red Revolution" color I bought from Maybelline's line.

(Photo courtesy of: Hawtcelebs.com)

Lea Michele has been the talk of Hollywood for the past month or so, since the passing of boyfriend, Cory Monteith. I've always thought she was incredibly talented, but wasn't always necessarily a huge fan. After re-watching the entire series again from beginning to now, I have a new appreciation for Lea, as well as her character, Rachel Berry, and can see her through fresh eyes. I love how determined and focused she was, but now, I admire her for her strength and how positive she seems to be, even in the midst of her grieving. I'm inspired by her work ethic and the fact that nothing is out of reach for her. She embraces who she is and what she looks like, and encourages others to do the same. I also love that she is very involved with charities and giving back. I really look up to her and will continue to support her in her future endeavors! Also looking forward to her book that's coming out in the very near future.

(Photo courtesy of: CentralMarket.com)

Cotton Candy grapes have always been big around my town, because that's where they're based out of, but apparently as of lately they have caught on to other parts of the country. I was actually friends with the daughter of the grapery's owner, in high school, but only just had them about a week or so ago. Recently, they've been getting a lot of attention, being featured on Ryan Seacrest's "On Air" radio show and Good Morning America. I'm not totally sure how or if you can order them living out of state, but if you're ever in California, you have to try them. Freakishly, they do taste like cotton candy, but not in a weird way; they still have the "grapeyness" taste in them. They are delicious and refreshing, especially for the summer months.

(Photo courtesy of: ChrisYoungCountry.com/store)


Back in June, during CMA Fest, I visited the Chris Young booth at the convention center. I was really bummed about not being able to meet him, but I thought I would pick up a little souvenir to make up for it. I didn't have much money left, so I was trying to find something cheaper, when I saw these "Aw Naw" neon sunglasses for 5$. I can be rough on glasses and tend to lose them a lot, so these were perfect for me. I bought the yellow pair and have worn them nonstop since I got them. They fit snug, which I love and I don't have to worry about them too much if I toss them into my purse, which works out nicely. I kind of want all the colors now!

(photo courtesy of: blog.alanamber.com)

Everyone by now knows my love for Glee, especially if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram. I am constantly posting something about this fabulous show. But, something that makes it so special is all of the incredible music that always fits so perfectly for whatever occasion or story line they're dealing with. I can't get enough of it, and I love how they tackle music from just about every genre and every decade. I've bought most of Cory's duets and solos, and I have several of the CD's. I don't know that I will ever own all of the music, because there's a ton, but I will definitely buy all of my favorites and make playlists according to the season and occasion.

(Photo courtesy of: Girlslife.com)
I know these might look a little silly, but I think "Thumb Wars" is onto a really great campaign regarding the "No texting while driving" thing. I first heard about these on the Do Something Awards. I originally looked them up regarding a scholarship contest they were doing, but after reading more about the idea behind this organization, I was all for it. Now that I'm starting to drive, and obviously most of my friends drive, I want us to all be cautious and to stay safe while behind the wheel. It's so easy to get distracted behind the wheel, as I'm starting to see, and I want to make a pledge to myself that I will NEVER do that. Life is short enough as it is, and I sure don't want to end it, because I just couldn't put my phone down for a few minutes. It almost makes me really angry to see people text while driving, because all it takes is a split second to change your life forever or take it away way too soon. I think these are great reminders to STOP! If thumb socks are what it takes to remind all of us, then I say so be it.

(photo courtesy of: Nashvillelife.com)

I had been to one of these stores in Nashville a couple years ago, and instantly loved it. It has everything-shoes, purses, jewelry...All of my favorite things. Well, then I found out we were getting one too, and couldn't be more excited! I've been in there a couple times so far, and know those won't be the last. I'm just wondering where it was when I really needed it for high school occasions like formal and prom?! Now, I hope to have something coming up in the future, just so I can have an excuse to buy all of the things in there to dress up whatever outfit I have.

(photo courtesy of: studioplush.net)
Charles Kelley's (Lady Antebellum) wife, Cassie, has a blog that I'm really into right now, "Womanista." She has so many great articles about fashion, traveling, decor, music, and much more. Some of it is a little out of my price range, but I definitely appreciate her take on things and just getting to see the lifestyle of a musician's wife who was in the PR field. She has great style and is gorgeous, so I just love seeing what she has up her sleeve.

(Photo courtesy of: Pink Pewter facebook page)

I have always had a thing for headbands. My freshman year of high school, I used to have one in just about every color and would always try to match them up with whatever I was wearing. Although, after a couple years of wearing them nonstop, they started hurting my head, so I just quit wearing them, until recently. Carrie Underwood has started yet another trend with the Pink Pewter headbands she's been seen wearing all over the place from appearances to being photographed out and about. They have so many adorable styles to choose from...But, in the meantime, while being a broke college student, I found a couple really great headbands for much cheaper at Charming Charlie's. Something about wearing them just makes me feel that much cooler and dresses up any outfit! I LOVE them! I need more!

(Photo courtesy of: Hollywoodreporter.com)
I know the media gives the Kardashians a lot of crap, and I'll admit I pick on them from time to time, too. But, I still just really love them! I love how close they are, even if it gets a little weird sometimes. It makes me wish I had a big family like they do; always hanging out, taking big trips together, and even just driving each other crazy! I like taking a step inside their crazy world for an hour each week to forget about what's going on in my life to hang out with them. I don't care what anyone else says...they ARE entertaining and hilarious. 

(photo courtesy of: iphoneography.com)
I've followed a lot of Glee fan sites lately on Instagram, who have been posting a lot of their own edits with the characters/actors from the show. One girl said she used the app "Super Impose", so I decided to look it up. It's really confusing, like a mini photoshop for your phone, but if you keep messing around with it, you'll find that it has a lot of features. I've been able to do a few things with it, but I need to keep working with it and reading more about it to be able to use all of the tools and all that it comes with.

(Photo courtesy of: Romaloveamour.com)
Like most girls/women, I have a hard time finding a good pair of shorts that fit my body type. So, when I do find that one perfect pair, I wear them just about everyday, like the boyfriend denim shorts I got at Gap. I don't go in Gap too often, but I happened to go inside at the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade, because they were having a huge sale! The shorts were only 25$, which was a fantastic deal, because I can't stop wearing them. You can dress them up with a nicer blouse and sandals, or just a simple t-shirt. They're loose and comfortable, and not too short, where you feel like you have to keep adjusting them! Boyfriend style is the perfect way to go!

Well, that's all for now,
Shelby :)

What are some of your favorite things at the moment? Tweet them to me (@ShelbyN92) or comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment