June 20, 2012

The Weekend

This past weekend, we went to LA on Saturday for a Dodger game and hanging out with my aunt. We left in the morning and drove to Valencia, a smaller city just before getting to LA to eat lunch. We went to Rattler's, which is amazing! We were all so stuffed by the time we left, so I guess they did their job.


After we were done, we went to the mall, which was just right across the way for a couple hours. I hardly ever go to the mall unless we're out of town, because ours pretty much sucks. I found quite a bit in Charlotte Russe, so I was happy. There wasn't much else to really look at after a few stores, so we decided to go down to LA. First, we stopped at ArcLight to use the restroom...and only in Hollywood would they have display cases with props from movie that are out or coming out pretty soon. It also brought back some really great memories of being there for the Evening with One Tree Hill! I would so go back in time for that night again LOL.







We went to this record store I love on Sunset, called Amoeba Music. It's really strange looking and there are some weird people that hang around there, but you can find some really great stuff for cheap. You can also find a lot of rare, older CD's that you can't necessarily find in Target or Wal-Mart now. If you're looking for something in particular that's definitely the place to go. A lot of younger celebs go in there, like Troian Bellisario (Pretty Little Liars) and Chelsea Kane (Baby Daddy, Jonas). I even found Smallville for 5$, so I can't wait to start it. I'm a TV junkie if you haven't noticed.


We were a little pushed for time after that, so we headed to Dodger Stadium for the game. We haven't been to a game in awhile, so it was good to be back. It was the first time all season that we've been there and the Dodger's lost, but it was still a lot of fun. We ate a lot, laughed a lot and oh yeah, MATTHEW PERRY WAS THERE! I had seen him at a game before, but it was before I was a hardcore Friends fan, so I was like "oh cool" and then I was over it. This time I was so excited! He was so gracious to the fans that kept calling him over and took pictures with them. My aunt offered to go with me if I wanted to try it, but I didn't want to be rude or annoying to the other people that were around, so I decided against it. It was cool just seeing him! He's probably my favorite character or at least tied with Rachel. It definitely made my weekend!








Sunday was Father's Day, obviously! I woke up much earlier than usual and we gave my dad his gifts, which he loved...Finally, we noticed the time and had to hurry to get ready. We went to church with my grandparents, my aunt and uncle. It's weird now that holidays come around and I'm the only kid that's still here. Sure, I don't drive yet, but I still have a life and I make a point to be there with the family because it's special to them and that's important to me. It's weird as we all get older and things change, but after awhile you have to get used to it. The service was really good and then we had lunch at Elephant Bar. It was good catching up with everyone and telling them about our vacation and just being together. The topic of Carrie Underwood "supporting" gay marriage also came up. Uh, yeah....No comment.

Happy Father's Day to the most amazing dad! I love you. He always puts his family first and is the hardest worker I know. 
We came home for a bit after that to relax and I worked on math homework, which was extremely fun. NOT. I listened to a little Chris Young, and pretty soon it was off to my grandparent's to spend some time with them! It was a good evening! We ate pizza, chatted with them awhile, I helped my grandpa program some numbers into his phone and I also got a little reading done. It's always nice doing nothing as long as you have good company. Relaxed summer nights like that are the best. All in all...the perfect weekend! :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment