June 23, 2012

Friday Night


I just got back from one of the most amazing nights I've had in awhile. It was so simple and beautiful and wonderful, that I don't know how to quite put it into words. It was the perfect summer night! My friends are just insanely awesome, let me start off with that. We haven't been able to hang out much lately, so we got together tonight at the house my friend, Febe, is watching for the next little while. We had salad and bread sticks from Olive Garden, Lasagna that Hillary had made, and I brought some Arizona tea. We ate, we talked A LOT, and just really enjoyed ourselves. It felt like an episode of Beverly Hills Housewives that as we sat on the porch in the backyard looking out at the golf course, dishing out our lives and problems and confiding in one another.
Hillary: I feel like we should have a glass of wine or something!
Febe: I have cheesecake!
Me: And that's pretty much the same thing ....So we ate cheesecake! And it was SO good!
My heart hasn't felt so much peace and so full of life in awhile. I'm not saying that I depend on them for my happiness, but I've been in a weird funk lately just being at home and feeling like I'm in a rut, not going anywhere. Being around them, and seeing how they're getting to the places in life that they've always wanted to be in is really motivating and inspiring. I told them how I need to make a plan to find my way back to Nashville permanently. I feel like finally getting serious with it and having people that will hold me accountable to it will help me get back there. It may not be for another few years, but ultimately that is my goal. I'm still young, it can happen and I love that they really believe in me.
They are some of the best girls I know. Being around them just lifts my spirits right up; I can be real with them and they can be real with me. They're not going to judge me when I fall and I'm not going to judge them for something they've done or something they might be struggling with. I love the honesty that always been there from the start with them. Honestly, it's a lot like like therapy, but so much better! LOL. We get into some pretty heavy stuff, but I love it. We can really talk about anything and I know they'll be there for me to pray, accept me, and to just encourage me when I'm feeling down and that's the most comforting thing I've had in a long time.







And while I was there, my awesome friend Steph (my pen pal, blogging partner in crime, etc.), was sending me pictures of Chris Young from the concert she went to of his tonight. She was FRONT ROW! Not a bad Friday night, I'll say ;). I can't wait to see the videos and hear what he sang... For now, I have a few new pictures to choose from for wallpaper on my phone...hee hee.

All in all, one AMAZING Friday night. Now, it's off to bed in a few minutes because I'm heading down to the O.C area to meet up with some family friends. I can't wait! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment