1) The website "She Has Worth" is amazing; it reminds girls of their worth in Christ and just has really inspiring messages and encouraging words of advice daily. I absolutely love what they stand for! You can also find them on Twitter, for when you're on the go and want to keep up with them.
2) Chris Young....*swoon*. Not a word I use with many people, but he is definitely one of them. My favorite performance of his right now is one of his latest that he did at the Opry. It's an old Keith Whitley cover. If you're looking for something to make your heart melt, this is definitely the thing to watch.
3 and 4) The last two books I've read: "It's All About Him" and "Restless Heart." These books are both great in their own right. Denise's book deals more with her relationship with God and how it saved her marriage, as well as her inspiring story about faith, love and finding her identity in Christ. Restless Heart is for anyone who has a dream. Sure, the main focus is on a girl trying to make it in Nashville, and it is written by a country singer (Wynonna), but it'll really tug at your heart to go after what you've always wanted, because it IS within your reach.
5) Smash journals. I discovered these a few months ago and LOVED them. I love anything having to do with scrapbooks, notebooks and anything of that nature, so I was all about these. There are six different themes to choose from, like Modern, girly, international, etc. depending on what you're looking to make one for. You can glue pictures down, doodle, make lists or savor special memories, but with a new twist. They are so much fun!
6)Urban Outfitters pants! When I was in Nashville, we went into an Urban Outfitters at The Gulch. Obviously, I've been to Urban Outfitters before, but for some reason (in my mind) this one just had so much more to choose from. Anyway, I found the greatest pants. They had all different colors to choose from and they fit great. I'll be buying more in the future.
7) Neon colors! Neon seems to be the popular thing this season. Everywhere you go, there are neon shirts, pants, shoes, jewelry and more. I'm still trying to find the right thing to give my wardrobe just enough of that pop of color I've been looking for.
"My favorite color is the neon, the lights they always leave on...."
8) Jane By Design. I love this show! It's so quirky and fun, but has a lot of heart. I really got into it last season and couldn't wait for this season to start, but there's just something different about it this time around. I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out the rest of this season. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out on Netflix; it's really good!
9) iheart radio app. This has been around just about as long as the iPhone has; everyone has told me about it and I think I had downloaded it awhile back, but never cared to give it a listen. I finally decided to give it another try about a week after Nashville, because I missed it and their radio station back there as well. So now, every night before I go to sleep, I turn it on and it makes me feel a little more at "home."
10) Viddy app. Another app that I've heard people talk about, but never paid much attention to until the other day. I had been looking for a new app to make quick videos and to be able to edit them, when Taylor Swift posted a video from this app and said she recommended it for everyone. Of course, after that, I had to check into it and immediately loved it. Now, I love making random videos of anything and everything! Fun for documenting events during the summer.
11) Benefit Skincare! This is what I bought Saturday afternoon at the mall and have been using the past several days. I haven't noticed a big difference in my skin so far, but it makes it feel good after I wash my face, so I'm crossing my fingers that as we speak, it's working it's magic underneath the surface. We shall see.
That's all for now,