March 24, 2012

Where Do I Go From Here?


Do you ever have those moments where you know exactly what you should be doing, but have no idea how to get there? I'm having one of those right now. Basically, from the time that I could talk or possibly even before, music has been in my blood. It is how I express myself, make sense of everything going on around me, and when I sing, I feel like I'm making a difference in someone's life even if just momentarily. When I was younger, I thought for sure I'd be doing something in Hollywood by the time I was out of high school. Maybe that's not realistic, but I figured it's happening for other people, why can't it happen to me? Now, I'm 20...going to school for Journalism, which is another passion of mine, but at the same time right now it just feels like I'm killing time. I'm in the same place that I've been for quite some time now, and I honestly don't know where to go from this point on. Where do I go from here? What comes next?

I see all these people that are younger than me really going after something they believe in. And while I think it's incredibly awesome that kids around the age of fifteen are making a difference, I can't help but feel like I should be doing something more with my life. I should be somewhere bigger and better than I am. Have I settled? Have I really been making the most of every opportunity or am I scared and just taking the easy way out? Right now, I guess I'm just trying to get through this phase and see what's next in my life. But, I guess I shouldn't rush. I'll just enjoy this time, have faith, and know that my waiting will be worth it in the end. There's not always going to be certainty in our lives, and in those moments you just have to take a step back and trust that God will pull you through it.

"So for now, I say goodbye to this chapter in my life and look forward to what comes next..." From one of my favorite scenes on One Tree Hill, and one I refer back to often. Here's the clip from that episode...enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxw1xDh08k4

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment